Smart heating system

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
We have just bought a new house, its a new build and has just been plastered. One thing i forgot about was the heating system. We would love to be able to turn on the heating remotely, thats number 1.

I just have no clue how it works, currently in our present house, we have a timer in the utility room and basic dial thermostat in hall. what does these smart systems replace, just one or both.

Our new house has oil, we also have a detached garage being built which is actually an office, there will be a 4ch system in place.

it would be nice to turn on zones remotely, i.e.. just turn on 3 rooms

Will there need to be extra wiring from programmer to boiler, i wonder what way the electrician has did this....

We have just bought a new house, its a new build and has just been plastered. One thing i forgot about was the heating system. We would love to be able to turn on the heating remotely, thats number 1.

I just have no clue how it works, currently in our present house, we have a timer in the utility room and basic dial thermostat in hall. what does these smart systems replace, just one or both.

Our new house has oil, we also have a detached garage being built which is actually an office, there will be a 4ch system in place.

it would be nice to turn on zones remotely, i.e.. just turn on 3 rooms

Will there need to be extra wiring from programmer to boiler, i wonder what way the electrician has did this....

Have you had a look at these options?? Zoned - Honeywell UK Heating Controls For gas or oil heating systems.

Honeywell have said their system will replace my 4 channel system. They said its already zoned and you cannot have a zone within a zone.

So I already have a good system in place. All I want to be able to do now is control it remotely along with my hot water...

But it would be nice to control certain rooms.

my understanding of the 4 channel system is one zone for upstairs, downstairs, the garage and hot water..

But i wonder what my best option to tailor it so i can have say the living room and 2 bedrooms on...

Honeywell system is dear so if i can add a few mods to my current setup to get what i want, that would be ideal...

Maybe go for some thermostatic radiator valves on the ones you want to control.

What about the Nest thermostat... for the heating and a time clock for the hot water?

https://store.nest.com/uk/

you can do all you want with this, hot water is hot water to be fair, your cylinder stat will make sure the water is at temperature.

Lots of people make the mistake of thinking it saves money to turn off their boiler at night and then on when they wake up, this is so inefficient with boilers of today.

Older boilers are different lol.

Mick

As Honeywell have said m8,its already zoned so any further changes would require you to get a plumber to rezone it to your liking,

I suppose in an ideal world we would have each rad on its own zone,and therefore turn each one on as needed,in which case Honeywells Evohome system would be what you need :)

EDIT: Although on further searching i came across this :)

http://www.radeco.ie/domestic-heating-control/

Back