Sly Card

nadeemasjid

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys... my first post here...
i have the new white sly card which i have correctly activated with my slybox. now i w m wondering if it is possible to use the card in my dreambox or server? please help me if you can.
thanx in advance.

yes you can. You will need to use cccam 2.14 and edit the config file to suit

but how will i then get the updates that come from sky through the phone line?
and what setup is better; ubuntu or debian?

It gets the updates from the dish, as long as you have cccam installed and correctly figured, it will work

ubuntu or devian as a server only applies if you want a dedicated server.
is this the case?

you will only need a dedicated server if your sharing to more than a couple dozen of peers
If this is not the case then i would recommend you stick with your dreambox as a server.

actually all i want is to share the card at two different rooms in my apartment, plus in two rooms at my parents house. so say dreambox can be used to share upto 24 peers?

and how fast internet do i need. i have 1mbit up speed. is that enough or do i have to upgrade?

hey... but i wont have the red button interactive function i have on the skybox right?
i heard rumours about that sky sports channels red button function can be viewed on dreambox by converting some data services to tv services with the help of dreamboxedit.... which data services? anyone knows???

i appreciate the help i m getting here guys.... this site is the best.... thanx a lot everyone

on dbox2. i just go through all of the data channels until i find the right one.
if i could be bothered i would open up an ftp programme and rename that channel to something more memorable.

thats all there is to it for vm at least. i dont know if sly differs.

Sorry to hijack, but I was wondering if there is a way of getting the channel numbers to match the sky channel line up?

digidude man.... you're the sheep shagger..... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY GUYS.... now i got my hex key... i have installed cccam 2.1.4 on my dreambox, but i cannot see the cccam.cfg file in var/etc.
where can i find a cccam.cfg file and where do i put the hexkey. and what else do i have to do?
help please!!

HEY GUYS.... now i got my hex key... i have installed cccam 2.1.4 on my dreambox, but i cannot see the cccam.cfg file in var/etc.
where can i find a cccam.cfg file and where do i put the hexkey. and what else do i have to do?
help please!!

this is the one I used

obviously enter your box key

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12999
ALLOW TELNETINFO: yes
ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
SHOW EXTENEDED CLIENT INFO : yes
WEBINFO USERNAME : root
WEBINFO PASSWORD : dreambox
TELNETINFO USERNAME : root
TELNETINFO PASSWORD : dreambox
TELNETINFO LISTEN PORT : 16000
WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
#SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/sci0 343000
BOXKEY : /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx
ZAP OSD TIME :2
OSD USERNAME :
OSD PORT :80
SHOW TIMING : yes
DEBUG : yes
NEWCAMD CONF :no
DISABLE EMM : no
MINI OSD : yes
# SERIAL READER :
# SMARTCARD WRITE DELAY :
# SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY
# SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000 #lower
# SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci1 3570000 #upper
# EMM Blocker
#CAM KEY
#CAMDATA
#BEEF ID :
#PIN :
SOFTKEY FILE : /var/keys/SoftCam.Key
AUTOROLL FILE : /var/keys/AutoRoll.Key
STATIC CW FILE : /var/keys/constant.cw
CAID PRIO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.prio
PROVIDERINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.providers
CHANNELINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.channelinf

thank you for your post
how do i make a cccam.cfg file out of this. and do i have to open any ports? this is the first time i m trying this, so it would be nice if you could guide me here...

Back