slow solo 2

ketmp

Satellite Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Rat / @Napster,

I've created this thread here out way of most others as it's easier than PMing.

You both appear to have problems with slowness, etc that requires a odd reboot. Could you try and give us as much info about this like what plugins you have installed that aren't installed as part of DW backup images. Also is there a pattern like you're doing something at this time or can it happen at any time?

For record, my box is fine.

Ok, first things can you both check how much space you have left on your box. The "df -h" telnet command can do this.

Also, we can use the telnet command "top" to check what is using processor the most. If you view FTA channel whilst using "top" command it provides info about which plugin/process is taking most of the CPU's time.

It would be best to use top command after rebooting box (ie when at it's normal fast speed) and when you notice things are going really slow use it again and see what difference is?

Last edited by a moderator:
I only use the plugins that are in dw images
I will run those commands and post back

Mine doesn't always speed back up after a reboot jst randomly works OK for a bit
but more often than not menus are slow

Last edited:
openpli 4 vusolo2

vusolo2 login: root
root@vusolo2:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 194.8M 77.8M 117.0M 40% /
devtmpfs 279.8M 4.0K 279.8M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
/dev/sda1 931.3G 289.1G 641.3G 31% /media/hdd
/dev/sdb1 14.9G 64.0M 14.8G 0% /media/usb
tmpfs 279.9M 272.0K 279.6M 0% /var/volatile
root@vusolo2:~#

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 4
When it does slow down then could you do another "top" print off and check what maybe different.

I've read though that oscam can be a pain and unstable at times and that's why i've stayed away from it tbh. The problem is made worse by fact that there are so many different builds of oscam.

Where you having problems using cccam?

no problems using cccam
but tbh I havent had problems using oscam upto a few weeks ago

my problem is scrolling through bouquets
menus are fine

why would oscam cause issues with menu on fta channels anyway ??

I'm thinking about solo2 box being slow could be something taking up a lot of the processor.

If you suspect it's just bouquets at fault rather than box running slow then delete all your bouquets and try using ABM generated bouquets.

Has anyone else reported problems with using your bouquets?

No mate no one else

isnt Martin using an image created by you ? but using the DW script ?

Im flashing todays PLi see what happens

He is, I amended to include libcurl4 rather than curl for crossepg to try and get to the problem of the nim error you were having.

If you're going to flash a new pli today, can I suggest if you have the time that you don't use the dw script this time and set things up as you once did all manually.

I realise this is very time consuming but if things have changed in settings file and the dw script is still using an old script file then that may explain some things. I've already discovered the 28.2 settings has changed for PLi. Still the same for ATV/Vix.

OK will try this afternoon
Got to measure a job up in a bit then will see what time I have

I just put your/my dw backup on and its still the same

@Rat,

I've somehow managed to re-create this problem with PLi.

I'll work on it now.

First thing is that after tuner error, tuner settings aren't saved anymore and even scan of tuner settings it couldn't find anything on 28.2.

Leave it with me...

The error I've traced down to your satellite.xml file in /etc/enigma2 @Rat.

Has this file been recently changed by any chance?

As soon as I put box to sleep and removed your satellite.xml file and restarted box. It was fine and I had no problems setting up tuner for 28.2 and I did absolutely nothing else to get it working.

I've not really noticed any problems with bouguets, unless you mean when pressing the remote it don't move up/down I just thought that was because it's a clone, the only real issue I get is the rebooting can sit there for ages and don't always reboot.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

It's not because it's a clone as my clone works fine with Vix.

However, the remote plays a part of it as I use original remote and not Sunray's if pressing button to do one thing but it does something else instead.

No issues with nim error, bouquets or slowness in menus.

Using PLi now and settings that John uses, I've noticed some menus maybe bit slow but at this time I hear my HDD speeding up. I solved this by settings HDD to 5mins instead of 10secs.

Last edited:
I did update satellites.xml a few weeks ago I did this via DBE to update new transponders

this is the first time I have done it this way too lol
I usually get new .xml from that website
Im going to change xml and see if it helps

I get that it dont always reboot just sits there with the scanner scanning

I switch off from the back and on again

irritating but never bothered me that much, but if fixable then all good :)

Changed over satellites.xml rebooted still the same

removed all .xml and everything in ect/enigma2 rebooted and transferred bouquets back over with new .xml
still the same

:err:

I put box to sleep and removed your file and restarted box and everything was fine.

I did not place another satellite.xml file in it's place.

UPDATE: I've just had this stuck after reboot problem whilst using pli. I'll see if it's a plugin or anything causing it or pli issue. Fine on Vix.

put box to sleep and removed what file mate ? did you replace file ?

Put box to sleep and file I removed @Rat was your satellite.xml file you have in /etc/enigma2 that is put their by your channel updater.

I didn't replace it with any existing one just deleted it and restarted box.

That reboot problem @Rat, how long have you had it and was it apparent before I changed curl for libcurl4 to get crossepg working?

Back