!!!!!!slow!!!!!site!!!!!!!

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
sorry about the site today i have phoned them and they say they are upgrading the pipe :)

so should be much faster very soon guys ok :)

and heres me pauseing all my downloads cause i thought it was slowing it down lol not a prob really mickie :Clap:

cheers monks i know, its just a pain for the new members... i know all the oldies will wait to get back but new members might not like it being slow all day nearly :(

anyway how you getting on with the games lol

why do hosts always say they are upgrading this or that when customers complain, most of the time the truth is they have crammed so many sites into the bandwidth that they all crawl until they buy more.......

ahrrr so is life, we will survive, reminds me of good old dialup :T

Originally posted by bkpaul
why do hosts always say they are upgrading this or that when customers complain, most of the time the truth is they have crammed so many sites into the bandwidth that they all crawl until they buy more.......

AH but you will find that most host are on a tight budget, so the only way they can upgrade is to create as much revenue as posibble. So tha means there will be time when the allocated bandwidth does become a bit limited. A contended service can be very expensive.

very true mairyhinge

hope fully soon when i get back to work and working full time i will get myself a 2-3MB connection and run a linux box for the site

i already have more than enough knowledge on appachie, mysql, php etc then we wont have to pay for hosting :) just my lan connection

im sure that it should be ok with the hosts and im aware they always talk crap about upgrading, but i want the best experiance for my members :).

so until then try to grin and bear it please, it wont be forever and we have lots to offer our members !!!! and will continue to add features to keep you as happy as possble and coming back

Originally posted by Mairyhinge
so the only way they can upgrade is to create as much revenue as posibble. So tha means there will be time when the allocated bandwidth does become a bit limited

But where does that leave the bill paying customers? not good if you ask me.

Still when Mickie has chance to sort his linux box out then the board won't be under their control... much better :)

Regards

Back