Slow loading of menus (TM-6800super+)

mintly

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Whenever I press the OK button on my remote control, a black screen appears before the menu for about a second, same goes with any other setting menus including the info button. It sometimes happens when I'm changing channels too.
I have also noticed now that when I change to a channel the image disappears a few times before it is stable.

I have tried:

1. Delete All Channels
  2. Factory Reset
  3. Load newest Firmware/Software from the original website.

But I am still having the same problem.

Note: the box is connected to the TV with a HDMI cable.

I would appreciate some help fixing this problem and hope it is fixable.

Thanks.

you say you are using 752P(the latest firmware from official TM site from 27-12-2012) then why dont you try "patched firmware" as your box is capable of so much more. try loading this software in this order...

1. back up channel list and save lat/long
2. factory reset
3. load 752 official firmware
4. factory reset
5. load @phantompatch 753P
6. factory reset
7. re-load channel list and enter lat/long details
8. load latest softcam

here are the files you need....

TM6800HD SUPER+_752_OFFICIAL - Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community

[url]https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/253293/#post2340243
(POST NUMBER 380)

regards mdt

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not familiar with your box, but it sounds like your TV might be changing resolution as you move between menus (in one res) and video (in another), if the TM's video output is set to Auto perhaps? I'd have a rummage in video output settings menus.

Hi @mdt, Thanks for your reply, but I must repair the fault before I can try what you have suggested.

Firstly, I have tried troubleshooting the problem today.

Problem with 6800
The problem is that the signal from the receiver to the tv keeps going on and off, and the TV shows "HDMI" when it comes back on.
This problem occurs when;
1. I am changing a channel
2. Navigating aroung the menu and channel list
3. Sometimes just changed to a channel (after the menu disappears just after the channel appears; in-fact just after the channel info box disappears)

My equipment
1. 2 Satellite dishes ("a" + "b") both pointing at 42e
2. 2 Receivers (6800 + 1000 Series)
3. 2 Televisions (1 "Big" + 1 "Small")
4. 2 HDMI cables

I have tried as many combinations that I could and these are the results:

Combinations where 6800 doesn't have a problem
Small TV + Dish b + Scart / HDMI
2. Small TV + Dish a + Scart / HDMI

Combinations where 6800 has a problem
Big TV + Dish a + both HDMI sockets on the TV with 2 different HDMI cables.
(couldn't try Scart as the big tv is mounted on the wall and the socket is behind the TV
BUT, I have tried connecting a PS3 using HDMI on the Big TV and there doesn't seem to be a problem).

Note: The 1000 Series receiver didn't have a problem at all.

At first sight it seems to be a problem with the TV's HDMI inputs, however why did the Playstation work?
I also had a look at all display and input options on the TV AND the 6800.
Factory reset both the TV and the 6800.

Then I think I am sure that it's the 6800 that's faulty, but then it worked with the Small TV.

The receiver used to work till a few days back, why is my 6800 not working correctly with the TV is the question.

Sorry about the long message, but I thought I'd try make everything clear.

Thanks.

you say you are using 752P(the latest firmware from official TM site from 27-12-2012) then why dont you try "patched firmware" as your box is capable of so much more. try loading this software in this order...

1. back up channel list and save lat/long
2. factory reset
3. load 752 official firmware
4. factory reset
5. load @phantompatch 753P
6. factory reset
7. re-load channel list and enter lat/long details
8. load latest softcam

here are the files you need....

TM6800HD SUPER+_752_OFFICIAL - Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community

phantompatch 753p - Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/253293/#post2340243 (POST NUMBER 380)

regards mdt

I can now confirm that the problem occurs when I change to specific channels on 42e; HD channels, some $ (BISS) channels, most of TRT channels.

I'm thinking it could be a video format problem (which used to never happen before), or, maybe I couldn't do the software updates properly.
I am actually going to try @mdt 's suggestion to see if that sorts anything out.

Hi mintly,

Try this mate...

Menu > System Settings > A/V Output Settings > TV Type > select PAL > SCART > select CVBS (YPbPr ON) > Video Format > select 1080p > Press Exit > Settings were changed. Do you want to save? > select YES > Exit menu.

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi @Zorch, thanks for the suggestion, however, the settings are already as you have mentioned except that the "Video Format" option is set to 1080i as there is no 1080p option.
One other thing I would like to ask is, what's the difference between the options "multi" and "single" in the factory reset menu?

Thanks.

@mintly

...what's the difference between the options "multi" and "single" in the factory reset menu?

I believe that the "Single" factory reset option deletes the "Normal DB" and the "Multi" factory reset option deletes the "Normal DB" and the "Default DB" also...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

@Zorch,

Do you have an idea of what could be causing the problem?

I have noticed that the problem is less occurring when it's set to 720p, but it's still there, and it's still there for the other resolutions too.

Thanks.

@mintly

I believe that the "Single" factory reset option deletes the "Normal DB" and the "Multi" factory reset option deletes the "Normal DB" and the "Default DB" also...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Back