SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.6FINAL.iso

Gavvodka

Inactive User
Reaction score
got the evox .iso and burned it onto a cdrw, but when i try and load it on my xbox im either getting nowhere. if i select load bios from disc then i get a message saying No Bios Update found ...Halting.

and when i try and load it up with the chip turned off it sticks at the logo screen.

anyone know what i'm doing wrong here?

I've never used Slayers from scratch, have always flashed BIOS first with an Evox boot disk, then loaded Slayers or similar after that.

Bard said:
I've never used Slayers from scratch, have always flashed BIOS first with an Evox boot disk, then loaded Slayers or similar after that.

how is it i do that?

now i'm getting xbox cant read the disc make sure its a xbox disc.

what a nightmare lol

Last edited:
Gavvodka said:
how is it i do that?

now i'm getting xbox cant read the disc make sure its a xbox disc.

what a nightmare lol
hi mate
you need a chipped (modded) xbox or softmodded xbox to run slayers
it will not see the disk you are using because of this :)

Gavvodka said:
ive got executer 2.6 chip in.
i might be wrong but i dont think they are shipped with a hacked bios are they ?
hence why a programmer is good
thus not running unsigned games ?
i may be wrong

Some xbox drives do not read cdr's I had to burn it do a dvdr...to be on the safe side use a dvd-r. but 1.6b boxes read + and -

but I installed the evox 1st then slayer

I agree with Mairyhinge..... some of the rom drives don't recognise cdr.....some like cdrw ? mbe worth a try ?? otherwise get out 1 of those expensive dvdrs ( 20p ) and u should have no probs :)

Your chip will have come pre-installed with a Cromwell BIOS, this (legal) BIOS only allows you to install Linux, nothing else. You will need to use FlashBIOS to flash your chip with a new (illegal) BIOS like Evox M8+. You will need to do that before you can use Slayers or boot any backups, (someone correct me if I'm wrong please).

When you are trying to install the BIOS at the moment, it is looking for a bios.bin file on the disk, which it cannot find.

Edit 1: Forgot to ask what version of xbox you have, and do you have the external switch pcb installed too

Edit 2: h!tp://www.teamxecuter.com/flashbios/?CMSSESSID=f3fc09e10354b4eba313b6d1e4c1e625
this is the guide to Flashbios from Teamxecuter.com

Last edited:
Thats a valid point Bard.....make sure u have bios installed ! I assumed he got that far ...lol U need the chip up n running to then load Slayers from disk....otherwise dirty disk ? disk not recognised ? Is the chip working ? thats the big question ?
u gettin a msg at start up ? something about xecuter ?
Ur gonna have to clarify exactly wot u have done, wot is flashed ? if chip is working ?
Then we can help u a bit more :)

see these executer chips cause so much problems...lol

Xeniux, its almost an auto install...lol ;)

You need to have an illegal Bios installed to install slayer, as you need to unlock your drive;)

i have a 1.5xbox and the image i see on screen is
enablenetflash.jpg

apart from the dvd drive,which is phillips and the HD size is different.

whats this flashBIOS? i need to flash the chip?

This is the external swith i have
image1np.jpg

Thanks,

Gav

Hi,

Found EvolutionX_M8plus_Bios but both files are only 256kb, is this right? as in the tut from executer the files are 100MB and 1024 kb.

Cheers for putting up with me on this 1 :)

Make sure that Flash Protect is OFF. The LED should turn red.
I cant see if it is or not from that picture.

What 256k files have you got, one should be M8plus.bin, the other is M8Plus_16.bin. From the .nfo -
M8plus.bin Is a new BIOS based on the latest 5838 kernel, and has the same features as M7, It will work on XBOX versions (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5)
M8plus_16.BIN Is also based on the 5838 kernel and has the same features as M7. It will ONLY work on XBOX version 1.6 and 1.6B

So its the M8plus.bin you need.

The 1024k file has been made with "xecuter 2 bios manager" and the 100MB file is a dummy file to help the dvd drive read the cdr or cdrw you're using.

cheers,

was on flashFXP to get files, but not sure what ones to get.

when i flashed it, it turns on and off 3 times, and get no image on screen at all.

Last edited:
So, what have you done ;) ?
Have you flashed it yet?

ditto - Edit :) : What file did you flash it with? did you build a 1024k one with the bios manager?

Last edited:
i flashed it with the m8plus.bin (256k) to bank 1.

then when i boot up the xbox it turns on and off 3 times, and the halo flashes red and green and i cant see anything on screen.

not built a 1024k with bios manager, that will be the next hurdle. ;)

This is what I have done.

I've made a BIOS with the following:

Flashbios 3.03 256k
Flashbios 3.03 256k

These should go on Bank 1

M8plus.bin 256k
M8plus.bin 256k

These should go on Bank 2

Can you still get the flashbios screen with bank 2 selected?
Edit: as per pm, hang fire with this, as bank 2 is your lifeline at the mo

Last edited:
Back