skybox f5 keeps rebooting/reloading

Bobloblaw

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I got a skybox f5 (is that even the right way round? :Laugh: ) the other day. It was fine for a day and now it just randomly reboots whenever it feels like it. The screen goes black, the box says "LOAD" and then it comes back on.
Does anyone know what the problem might be?
I'm pretty much a virgin at all this stuff so please go easy on me.

Many thanks, Bob.

Anybody any ideas? Its starting to get on my nerves a bit now :Angryfire

I may be wrong but I think this could be a power supply problem, but before delving into that have you considered it may be "dirty" mains, meaning there are a lot of spikes or voltage fluctuations in your area ( you should have noticed this though), however it may be worth trying a mains protector of the type used for computers. Good luck

Not sure,but av you got the latest firmware on the f5?

I may be wrong but I think this could be a power supply problem, but before delving into that have you considered it may be "dirty" mains, meaning there are a lot of spikes or voltage fluctuations in your area ( you should have noticed this though), however it may be worth trying a mains protector of the type used for computers. Good luck
thanks I will look into it if my channels ever come back on :(
Not sure,but av you got the latest firmware on the f5?

I wouldnt even know how to check pal

you need to reload sw with a serial lead and hopefully it will stop the rebooting normally this happens if you flash box with wrong version of sw

1st thing i would try is to update the firmware on the box , you can do this by loading the firmware on a usb stick and then insert usb into the f5, you have the option to upgrade via usb in the menu. There are 2 different manufacturers of these boxes, yojiatech.com and Shenzhen Bi-Union Electronics Technology Co., Ltd dvb-s dvb-s2 dvb-c dvb-t dvb-t2 you will need to get firmware from both and try. If the firmware was not made for your box you will get firmware mismatch, so you need it from the other website and vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont know how many times it help just to try change the powersupply.

iv a s9 doing the same thing
boots no picture the channel info then nout except a reboot now n then

Hi I've got a skybox F5 done the same thing, I reflashed the firmware and its been fine since, on my box it was caused by pulling my usb key out without selecting safely remove usb in the menu.

Back