Skybox epg any good?

PAUL7331

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting one of these for the wife, only about £40 aint they? Now is the EPG a 3-day or 5-day or even 7-day? As this is quite important for her. It will be used as a client only with cccam.

Is it stable when used as a client with cccam too? I mean, is it no different than a dreambox for example?

cheap basic box, shite epg, quality hd picture, cccam runs fine on mine, from my own server, great as a budget box, but i much prefer my vu duo and 800se, there 40 odd quid for a reason, and im the same a decent epg is must for me so these boxes are no good, however the one i have is for my 2 year olds room and he loves it, lol!

I'm looking at getting one of these for the wife, only about £40 aint they? Now is the EPG a 3-day or 5-day or even 7-day? As this is quite important for her. It will be used as a client only with cccam.

Is it stable when used as a client with cccam too? I mean, is it no different than a dreambox for example?

http://Seven Day EPG/

Seven Day EPG

Ok, good to know guys. I'll see then. Could do with a decent EPG really for the missus, but might order one anyway and tell her to check her phone's tv guide! LOL

Oh, are they easy to load the channel lists to them? And do people regularly update these and upload them? (that's one great thing about dreamboxes and vu's that there are some great people out there who update the channel lists regularly)

Last edited:
Ok, good to know guys. I'll see then. Could do with a decent EPG really for the missus, but might order one anyway and tell her to check her phone's tv guide! LOL

Oh, are they easy to load the channel lists to them? And do people regularly update these and upload them? (that's one great thing about dreamboxes and vu's that there are some great people out there who update the channel lists regularly)

hello
PAUL7331

if you need a good epg then i would't buy the box as the box dont have anough memory built in so wont ever be able to work with the epg data, unless some one opens the box and fits stata etc witch i cant see happening.
imo if your looking a good box with good pic good epg that is very stable then go for a tm5402hd there about £140 delivered, imo well worth the extra doe :cool:
hope this helps

Have to agree - the EPG is not good at all.
Thanks to SLYBOXHD for a link to a reliable EPG !!
Apart from that though - and the slight lag between vision and sound on HD - it is a great box. (I actually have an F5, but they are v similar apparently)

Back