Sky withdraw Sky+ HD box for new customers

dantis

Inactive User
Reaction score
As the title suggests Sky no longer offer the Sky+ HD box for new customers, all new customers will receive the SkyQ box for all packages. Sky say they will continue to support the Sky+HD boxes.

And i think we all know where this is going LOL

Why? Sky are not going to cancel any subscriptions for Sky+ HD boxes and it will take ages for them to upgrade everyone to SkyQ boxes, in fact there are still a few Sky SD boxes still out there.

Exactly...

And whos gonna pay the extra for skyq?

Record 4 channels and watch a 5th....
I find it hard to find 1 decent program never mind 5 :)

Why? Sky are not going to cancel any subscriptions for Sky+ HD boxes and it will take ages for them to upgrade everyone to SkyQ boxes, in fact there are still a few Sky SD boxes still out there.
As equipment dies the only box your getting is SkyQ

Eventually SD and HD goes by equipment dying and black screens.

Sky would bin SD right now if they could.

it will stop it in UK lol

slightly off topic,
Am i right in thinking sky's lnb's are now purpose built for sky Q boxes and won't work properly with our "freeview" boxes?

slightly off topic,
Am i right in thinking sky's lnb's are now purpose built for sky Q boxes and won't work properly with our "freeview" boxes?

u need Sky MK4 Hybrid 6 Way LNB
Allows the use of Sky Q and older Sky boxes/ Freesat

It will take years for the boxes to be changed out. Still know someone on an SD box with a HD telly. Problem is HD costs extra, so he has no incentive to switch. This guy still uses VHS to record from his sky box. The PIN requirment really messes that up. You would think HD would be standard nowadays.

Back