Sky movies to Apple TV?

Trabbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I apologise in advance if this is a dumb question but I have searched for an answer and can't see one anywhere.
My mate has shared his sky subscription with me which is great for the iPad with skygo but I was wondering whether it is possible to watch the sky movies on my HD TV if I buy a apple TV3. I am keen to stream movies from my netbook but I understand that the Apple TV only handles limited formats whereas the android ones handle most formats. I have XBMC on my jb iPhone 3GS - I know it's old but it works and only costs me £6.90 a month so I can see the benefit of an android with XBMC. The clincher for me would be the ability to watch movies and sports from my, iPad on the big screen using mates subscription but I seem to recall that skygo won't let you mirror premium channels. Can someone confirm please. Also any pros and cons I need to look out for depending what I get.

Thanks

No in standard guise it the sky app blocks the video.
However if you jailbreak your iPad you can get it to work.

(TT)

I have an iPad 3 running 6.1.3, is it possible to jb that? I was happy messing about on the iPhone 3GS but I can't run skygo on that! I wouldn't try jb on the ipad unless it was very easy like it was on the phone. I'm hopeless with anything technical! lol
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks MH, I will search some of his posts relating to iPad 3 and see whether it scares the bejesus out of me! lol

I have an iPad 3 running 6.1.3, is it possible to jb that? I was happy messing about on the iPhone 3GS but I can't run skygo on that! I wouldn't try jb on the ipad unless it was very easy like it was on the phone. I'm hopeless with anything technical! lol
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry m8, 6.1.3 cannot be jail broking yet.

Cheers Calisto, that puts that one to bed then! So if I'm only going to be streaming am I better going for the Apple TV or the android with XBMC? Or something else entirely?

Just had a thought! If I had a more up to date firmware on my jail broken iPhone 3GS - it's currently running 4.3.3, could I change my device from iPad to iPhone and then use skygo on that? I'm probably talking nonsense I know but better to ask the stupid question than remain curious!

Last edited:
Back