sky issues with BER

forest1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Whats happening on Sky UK lately a lot of channels I am getting BER problems don't know what has happened because I have changed nothing or moved nothing anyone else getting issues?

Whats your signal and quality strength like ?

Just looked im not getting any ber problems

Average is 85% it has been for last few years I haven't altered or changed anything and its just starting doing this, maybe receiver is on way out? strange though

Average is 85% it has been for last few years I haven't altered or changed anything and its just starting doing this, maybe receiver is on way out? strange though

Id be looking at loose F connectors, old poor cable and if you have a spare swapping the LNB.

doubt will be reciever mate

usual suspects corroded cabling f connectors lnb

unless you suspect dish has moved a little

If you have access to a different reciever connect that up to the same feed and check your BER rates if you still get BER then you have cabling/conenctors/lnb/dish alignment issues.
If the BER issue disappears on a different reciever then you know it's not your local infrastructure and it;s an issue with the reciever.

Id be looking at loose F connectors, old poor cable and if you have a spare swapping the LNB.

Thanks for reply , My LNB is brand new invert black , the F connecters are fine and the cable is only a few years old, everything has been fine for years then out of the blue this just starts to happen , I get the same on some French HD channels as well as others across the satellites, mainly the HD ones , yet when I plug the open box in its fine which is why I think its the receiver

since other box is ok sounds reciever issue right enough

Thanks for reply , My LNB is brand new invert black , the F connecters are fine and the cable is only a few years old, everything has been fine for years then out of the blue this just starts to happen , I get the same on some French HD channels as well as others across the satellites, mainly the HD ones , yet when I plug the open box in its fine which is why I think its the receiver

Could possibly be RF interference too mate, any cordless phone or anything that outputs a wireless signal where you box is ?

Could possibly be RF interference too mate, any cordless phone or anything that outputs a wireless signal where you box is ?

good call mate but i'm afraid not my receiver has been in same position for years now other than it being on the way out maybe my dish has some how moved slightly, cheers for replying mate

cable could be de-grading? i had this but the dish problys been there years before i moved in

Back