Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sky HD

Goldberg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hi all,

Has anyone on the forum signed up for Sky HD.

I got the invite last month and paid my £30 deposit.

Today worldpay have refunded the £30 without reason and I cant get through to Sky,

Anyone else had this problem/refund?

Thanks,

Ah, emailed them and got an INSTANT reply!! Wow! Anyway here we go:

Thanks for your e-mail.

Please be assured that you have pre-ordered and you are included within our call process that commences today. As per our terms and conditions, 'if you pre-order Sky HD via sky.com/hd, your £30 deposit will be refunded to you prior to booking your installation'. The fee was to reserve your place on the list, as the pre-order process has now been completed and calling has commenced, we are refunding the pre-order deposit in full. When you receive your phone call from Sky you will be asked to pay the £299 purchase price in full.

Kind regards

£299 feck me thats steep/rip off....i think i can do without the extra definition in picture and sound

not to mention the £1000+ hd telly to watch it on, and the £60+ HDMI lead to connect the digibox to your telly, and if your not a premium package subscriber the extra £10 month 'sky+ facility' charge

and the bugs, i remember when sky digital started, nothing but problems for 1st six months, then when sky+ launched even more problems for months

ive not even got sly so i wont be bothering lol

Come on guys, it's the future. I;m a tech freak so always have to be first. My TV was £3000 and still retails a one of the best at £2500, i didnt pay that much to not get HD Sky.

Plus it's a 180gb HD Sky + unit I think... I can't wait! I work in the movie industry now and HD is much much nicer than Pal

Goldberg said:
Come on guys, it's the future. I;m a tech freak so always have to be first. My TV was £3000 and still retails a one of the best at £2500, i didnt pay that much to not get HD Sky.

Plus it's a 180gb HD Sky + unit I think... I can't wait! I work in the movie industry now and HD is much much nicer than Pal
iam with you cant wait to start installing these to have a play with it
ps will come with a 1m hdmi lead 60 quid saved allready

I am going to wait a year, when they give the boxes away for free...lol;)

Goldberg said:

i'm a tech freek as well but i wait and asses the market first, to see if it is the way to go......and when the price becomes reasonable. undoubtably HD is the way to go but as DIGI said theres going to be too many bugs in the early release

Bugs get fixed, i'm sure I can handle a few crashes here and there, just as long as I get the world Cup in HD :)

yep i left sky for a year been wiTH nthell pissed off with their billing cockups

just ordered SKY hd and paid my £299 gettin world package 6 months half price as returning customer.

still keepin the ntl broadband though for the perks.

the future is here get it while you can i say, you never know what bus has your number......."go for it"

NALA

Mairyhinge said:
I am going to wait a year, when they give the boxes away for free...lol;)
Except this is Sky. They have this thing about ripping people off....

Is it me.....

.....or is all this SkyHD thing getting a bit tedious?

£1300 average price for a fair to middling HDTV
£299 for SkyHD
£500 a year Sky Subscription
£60 HDMI cable

And what are Sky giving us in return?

Sky Movies 9HD and 10HD (neither of which start until 5pm every day)
Sky One HD
Nat Geog HD
Artsworld HD
Sky Sports One HD

Ooooh, worth it........NOT!

The HD box has a 300 gig hd. Only 160 is available to customers 140 set back for future use. The HDMI lead comes with the box you only need an abaptor if you have dvi connectivity which starts from £40. I must add the picture is amazing and it now has me thinking.

Sky as just paid a lot more for the rights to the premiership. And they did not win all the rights because the commision says not 1 company can hold all the rights. sky sports subs and premplus will be even more expensive next season.

SimonCJ said:
.....or is all this SkyHD thing getting a bit tedious?

£1300 average price for a fair to middling HDTV
£299 for SkyHD
£500 a year Sky Subscription
£60 HDMI cable

And what are Sky giving us in return?

Sky Movies 9HD and 10HD (neither of which start until 5pm every day)
Sky One HD
Nat Geog HD
Artsworld HD
Sky Sports One HD

Ooooh, worth it........NOT!
You've got a point now but I spoke to someone that had been living in America for the past 6 years and they said that they'd only been broadcasting HD in America for the past 4 years and they only started off with 4 channels. They've now got hundreds.

got my SKY HD box installed this morning.
The picture quality is excellent.
Too early to tell but not had any problems with the box so far after hours of messing around with it.

Anyone else got HD yet, if so what are your initial thoughts on it???

£40 for a dvi adaptor, i got one off the net for £7,99 and it does the job for me.
and sky suply them too, thats if u get a early installation that is.

Its another hidden sub increase too.............£10 a month for hd on top of your normal monthly sub......How long b4 we see a film or match only available on hd channels? trying to force the rest to upgrade.....!

Back