Sky + HD woes (with possible solution)

Goldberg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a strange problem with my Sky + HD box. For some reason I was only getting 'No information available' for the program synopsis and I could only record a show with no series link.

A bit of googling showed that I was not the only one and it appears some older boxes (mine is 14 months old) with a recent software update are the problematic ones.

I did a planner reset (Keeps recordings), no good... I then tried to record two programs whilst watching a different channel and this caused the box to get in a right pickle.

However after this I now appear to have a fixed box.. I kick started it into now recording series linking and all appears to be good.

It seems it is not happy with the two inputs going it. I used each one as connection 1 and they are fine, but when both are in I do not get a signal for connection 2..

For now it appears to be fixed and if someone has the same issue then try my solution.
I don't think this is the overall fix, I probably need to call them.

get on the phone about their crappy box giving grief let them sort it

if paying for it then tell em to cancel account & come collect their crap see what they say then mate

Had a strange problem with my Sky + HD box. For some reason I was only getting 'No information available' for the program synopsis and I could only record a show with no series link.

A bit of googling showed that I was not the only one and it appears some older boxes (mine is 14 months old) with a recent software update are the problematic ones.

I did a planner reset (Keeps recordings), no good... I then tried to record two programs whilst watching a different channel and this caused the box to get in a right pickle.

However after this I now appear to have a fixed box.. I kick started it into now recording series linking and all appears to be good.

It seems it is not happy with the two inputs going it. I used each one as connection 1 and they are fine, but when both are in I do not get a signal for connection 2..

For now it appears to be fixed and if someone has the same issue then try my solution.
I don't think this is the overall fix, I probably need to call them.

It sounds to me like it could be a signal issue. If input 2 is missing it will 'work' but display the symptom you mention (no sysnopsis, no simultaneous recordings etc.). Did you try swapping the two LNB inputs? If the dish, cable & LNB are a lot older than the dish it's quite possible either the LNB or the cable (more likely) is the culprit- maybe even a bit of water in one of the F-connectors.
As @alimac says, if you have no joy just tell them you want to cancel- they're desperate to keep hold of customers so will offer you the moon. Well, a bit of it maybe lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

Is it possible to roll back to an earlier software?

Firstly unlike VM you own the Sky box its your property and as its over 12 months out of warranty.

However the issues you have described could be related to a number of factors. First thing is a signal issue. I would check the signal through the settings menu and then swap the cables around and check them again.

If they seem ok you can carry out what is called a LNB reset. Search forum procedure should come up.

you could try is a planner rebuild again if you search on forum I have posted similar instructions in the past.

Failing that you could try doing a forced update on box. Power off hold back up button on the box keep held whilst powering on and release once all the lights on the front of the box illuminate. You should see a software update message.

If you genuinely believe your signal is ok and cables look good, last resort would be a full factory reset. However you will lose any recordings and timers.

The above steps should resolve the issue you are having.

If its intermitted signal drops it could the cable has come lose at lnb end. In which case you could if able to get a ladder or call an engineer.

Hope this has helped.

or call the fookin clowns
have no idea what you have signed upto
so maybe give a heads up
no way would i stand for it providing a service you cant use as it should be
seriously

Call them a tell them you are cancelling on the grounds you are not receiving services you are paying for and sky are contracted to supply..
And/or do the hard reset posted

Did you get sorted mate? Obviously you can call them and go through all the bullshit of saying you want to cancel blah blah blah but 9 times out of 10 those instructions I gave would fix your issue. If they don't then by all means get an engineer out but I would defiantly try those steps first.

It did what I wanted it to do but I still have big EPG problems.
No program synopsis etc... I am going to call them.

I have only just signed up for another 12 months. This is my old box and they did send me another Sky + HD box for my Multiroom (after I said I was leaving).

Just had some building work done, but I will plug that other box in and see how that goes.

There's no harm in a little troubleshooting, that's why we have forums like this :) if you cant sort it ring them up but defo wouldn't pay for engineer visit.

Back