Sky HD Boxes

Kommander

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me when Pace or Amstrad last made the Sky HD boxes.
Sky have just offered me a brand new old style (Not the 2TB) HD box to replace the one I have with a software fault on it for £30.
I cancelled my subscription and they didnt seem bothered.

Whats the actual problem with the box? Guess if you cancelled your sub it doesnt matter now anyway but they will probably call you back in a few weeks

Whats the actual problem with the box? Guess if you cancelled your sub it doesnt matter now anyway but they will probably call you back in a few weeks

They did the call back just before I posted.
I cancelled 3 weeks ago and the sub ends on the 6th of Dec. they had offered me an engineer for £15 3 weeks ago and the box I mentioned in the OP.
All she said tonight was that was a good offer I should have taken it. I said what did you call me for and she said to see if I could make you an offer to make you stay but you've already had the best offer we can give you. At which point I politely hung up.

So I think the days of threatening to cancel are over. Just as well I have a dreambox.

They did the call back just before I posted.
I cancelled 3 weeks ago and the sub ends on the 6th of Dec. they had offered me an engineer for £15 3 weeks ago and the box I mentioned in the OP.
All she said tonight was that was a good offer I should have taken it. I said what did you call me for and she said to see if I could make you an offer to make you stay but you've already had the best offer we can give you. At which point I politely hung up.

So I think the days of threatening to cancel are over. Just as well I have a dreambox.

They will call you back with a good offer in the end , just sit it out ....my last deal was 75% off :)

they rang my partner up offering the 75% off but she owes them 110 so couldn't do out but ive just spotted on the sky website that if you have thier fibre broadband the will give you a 2tb box ..

I dont take their broadband they cant offer the services I require.

I dont think they are calling back somehow.

They don't always ring you with an offer when you cancel, people were/are abusing it to get cheap sky

Sky have hit their sweet spot for customers - so unless you are looking to take the phone/broadband/TV then they will decide on how long you have been a customer etc before they hand out the goodies, and given that they now have swamped their BoardBand with new customers then they will throttle back a bit on customer retention.

If you dont get a call, its always better to take out a new contract in your partners name with all the 50% offers and free new box!

I cancelled and they never called back. I cancelled my direct debit and then the buggers cancelled viewing before the actual end date. Even though there was no more money to take. Never going back regardless of the offer.

I only cancelled a few weeks ago , and have just had the call , got 50% off on full packaged for another 12 months and a free 2tb box with install all for £30.25pm

I always cancel sky just to get the discount 50% off everything, If your a good customer and don't cancel, they offer you nothing. as for sky hd boxes i have bought loads for for £10, £15 max. I buy them just for the hard drives and strip them down. its cheaper than buying one from sky

im sitting here with a SKY + box i think im gonna phone them up and see if I can get a HD box for free... wot do u do? just fone and say I want to cancel, because ur not offering me HD for free?

Back