Sky + feed

ash213

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
I have a SKY + feed coming into my house. It is dual cabling. The engineer said that this is for the sky + recording,is that correct?
I was hoping i could hook one of the cables in the sky+ and one in my dreambox which has a cline.

Would this work ok? or not?

or will i have to keep the dreambox upstairs on the other feed from the sky dish

thanks

Ash it will work but you will have to watch what your recording on the sky box, if you take one feed out off the sky box its best to change the sky plus box to single feed LNB.

I dont think the sky + box will boot without 2 cables in as it waits to load the epg on one of the cables but i might be wrong..

I dont think the sky + box will boot without 2 cables in as it waits to load the epg on one of the cables but i might be wrong..

You are wrong
It will work fine from 1 feed but you have to watch whats recording

You are wrong
It will work fine from 1 feed but you have to watch whats recording
lol well it has been a very long time since i even powered mine up but does it not have to be on the corret tuner out of the 2?

i had this with mine now i just got no signal on it at the mo i was talking to someone today about making a swicher for it so you dont hav to keep messing with cables

i had this with mine now i just got no signal on it at the mo i was talking to someone today about making a swicher for it so you dont hav to keep messing with cables

can you make a switcher etC?

would be handy

as wife likes sky + for recording shit and she doesn really get the dreambox (not techno like us geeks!)
where as me im more for the dreambox!

Ash it will work but you will have to watch what your recording on the sky box, if you take one feed out off the sky box its best to change the sky plus box to single feed LNB.

when i leave one cable in the sky + box not al lthe channels work, for example sky sports news worked but bbc channels and alod others did not work.
i was not recording at the time.

think ill just plug the dreambox in when i want to watch a premium channel.

you will have an quad lnb on mini dish which is 4 inputs just take one from lnb to dreambox and leave sky+ box as it is. bring another feed to downstairs as well.

Or you can just put a 2 way switch between output 2 sky+ box and dreambox.

Last edited:
you will have an quad lnb on mini dish which is 4 inputs just take one from lnb to dreambox and leave sky+ box as it is. bring another feed to downstairs as well.

Or you can just put a 2 way switch between output 2 sky+ box and dreambox.

ive got squad lnb yes. but 2 cables are going downstairs to sky+ box and 2 are going upstairs to a dreambox up here.

therefore downstairs i have the 2 cables going into sky+ but a dreambox with nothing!

what is this 2 way swtich? and how does it work?Ta.

Back