Sky+ App for TM Twin

stav8124

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Is there a app like sky+ for the TM Twin that i can put programs to record if i am not at home?

Thanks

Hi

Is there a app like sky+ for the TM Twin that i can put programs to record if i am not at home?

Thanks

hello
stav8124

yes there is an app for both adriod and apple phones, pm me and ill sort you out :)

can you not share it with all of us ?

:)

Adapted from a post by ManikM at WOS.

1. Ensure that your receiver has the same IP on your network. You can use IP reservation on your router or disable DHCP. I prefer reservation.

2. Set up/(change from default) a password for the receiver as a security measure. Web interface uses the same username (root) and password for the receiver. Don't forget that this will also change for Dreamboxedit/Dreamset etc.

To do this, telnet to the receiver and log on. Enter "passwd" to set up the password.

3.1 In the plugins menu of the receiver, open OpenWebif. Choose a HTTP port instead of the default one. e.g 1234.
3.2 Enable Http authentication.
3.3 Note down/change the streaming port. Default is 8001

Save and close. Now to test that it has been set up correctly. (Assuming IP address of receiver is 192.168.1.2) whilst on home network, using your web browser go the address of your STB. 192.168.1.2. It should fail. Now go to 192.168.1.2:1234 (1234) is the port we assigned. You should be prompted for a user name and password. This will be "root" and whatever the password we set at step 2 above. Check that it works.

4. We now need to change port forward settings on the router.
Forward port 1234 (Http port for openwebif) to 192.168.1.2 (IP address of STB)
Forward port 8001 (streaming port for openwebif) to 192.168.1.2 (IP address of STB)

5. Find out your WAN IP. This should be in the router settings or you can find it by going to What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more... You will be connecting to this IP address. As providers change these, it would be an idea to set up a dyndns or similar account.

6. Connecting to receiver from external source. For arguments sake, let us say our WAN IP is 83.14.A.435.
Using your mobile internet, go to the following web address: 83.14.A.435 (external WAN IP). This should also fail. Now go to 83.14.A.435:1234 (wan IP & port of openwebif). This should now take you to your receivers web interface.

You can use your browser to manage things or you can use Dreamdroid. If using Dreamdroid, make sure you set up both streaming and ensure that you tick "enable login". Save and close. I have created two profiles, one internal when using LAN and another external. For streaming I use MXplayer.

Last edited:
Thanks mate its works a charm via the internet browser plus the iphone app.

Is Dreamdriod for Android? I am using the iphone app dreaMote and it works perfectly.

Last edited:
Yes, Dreamdroid is for Android. Have you tried the streaming? HD is bound to be an issues, but SD should be fine if you have a good connection.

This should be the same for other E2 receivers.

I saw the thread and it made me think. I have a android smart phone and searched the store to see if there was any suitable apps. Theres a several. I tried dreamdroid and timote and they operate the recievers as if you was stood in front with a remote control. Also very good for sesearching epg and scheduling a recording. The beauty for me is I use the rf out to another room and the remote is phone remote is perfect to switch channels etc.

Back