Sir Alex Ferguson is going to retire at the end of the season

Fabulous for united if true and yes a huge blow for Everton but I don't believe anything I read these days lol.

Fabulous for united if true and yes a huge blow for Everton but I don't believe anything I read these days lol.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ah that's what he meant Mr gasman. Lets dump Everton and join Man United ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you compare Moyes to joe royal when David Moyes has not even managed at a big club with massive rep (as you put it)?

FYI he has been at a big club with massive rep for over 10 years, the difference is, he has had no money to bring in the class players that is needed to buy..sorry win the premiership like manu, city and chealsea have

until he is given the chance to do such a thing and then fails i think your comment is misguided and also untrue

btw i think when he is given the chance he will succeed as he is the best home grown manager this country has ever had since SAF
i just wish someone with the cash would buy Everton and give Moyes the money so he could build a team to challenge for the title,

as what he has done on the budget he has had over the last 10 years has been truly remarkable given what the teams above and below us have had to spend.

aye, well apart from 15 million on fellaini
11.5 million on yakubu
9 million on bilyaletdinov
8.5 million on johnson
6 million on jelavic
6 million on heitinga
6 million on mirallas
5 million on kroldrup

apart from that, nowt i suppose ;)

aye, well apart from 15 million on fellaini
11.5 million on yakubu
9 million on bilyaletdinov
8.5 million on johnson
6 million on jelavic
6 million on heitinga
6 million on mirallas
5 million on kroldrup

apart from that, nowt i suppose ;)
Anyone can cherry pick purchases from certain transfer windows to make it look like he had loads of dosh to splash,
But that does not tell the whole story as you well know.

players were sold to fund most those purchases

compare what the top 5-6 have had to spend since the premiership began around the same time as moyes joined Everton

Look at the over all picture and it becomes much more clear

From 1993 to the present day
Everton
Players in
£243,245,500

Players out
£183,954,000

Net Total
£38,659,500 (over 10 years)
------------
Man City
Players in
£703,180,000

Players out
£221,553,000

Net Total
£481,627,000 (over 10 years)
-------------
Chealsea
Players in
£841,440,000

Players out
£248,475,000

Net Total
£592,965,000 (over 10 years)
-------------
Man united
Players in
£531,150,000

Players out
£317,740,000

Net Total
£213,410,000 (over 10 years)
-------------
Arsenal
Players in
£393,390,000

Players out
£363,174,000

Net Total
£30,216,000 (over 10 years)
-------------
Tottenham
Players in
£473,550,000

Players out
£306,017,500

Net Total
£167,532,500 (over 10 years)

source
Home

All the above does not include undisclosed transfers.

check this table out for the last 5 seasons which shows even further the lack of investment moyes has had to play with

This Transfer League Table is a record of the amount of money spent in transfer fees by English Premier League Football Clubs over the last five seasons.

The table also shows new investment which club owners have made available to their club managers. The new investment can be seen season by season on the Club page from the Teams Transfer menu.

The "Purchased" column in this table shows the money spent on players in transfer fees by all the English Premier League for the last five seasons.

The "Sold" column shows the money received by the football club from the sale of players in the same period.

In the Nett" column the total of transfer fees received from the sale of Players is subtracted from the total money spent in transfer fees on purchasing players since 2003.
This Nett figure is the "new investment" made available each season to the manager to buy players.

The "per season" column is the "Nett" total divided by the 5 giving
an average of the money spent in transfer fees by each premiership club each season in the last five Seasons.

Transfer League Table Last Five Seasons | League Tables

Last edited:
Anyone can cherry pick purchases from certain transfer windows to make it look like he had loads of dosh to splash,
But that does not tell the whole story as you well know.

players were sold to fund most those purchases

compare what the top 5-6 have had to spend since the premiership began around the same time as moyes joined Everton

Look at the over all picture and it becomes much more clear

From 1993 to the present day
Everton
Players in
£243,245,500

Players out
£183,954,000

Net Total
£38,659,500 (over 10 years)
------------
Man City
Players in
£703,180,000

Players out
£221,553,000

Net Total
£481,627,000 (over 10 years)
-------------
Chealsea
Players in
£841,440,000

Players out
£248,475,000

Net Total
£592,965,000 (over 10 years)
-------------
Man united
Players in
£531,150,000

Players out
£317,740,000

Net Total
£213,410,000 (over 10 years)
-------------
Arsenal
Players in
£393,390,000

Players out
£363,174,000

Net Total
£30,216,000 (over 10 years)
-------------
Tottenham
Players in
£473,550,000

Players out
£306,017,500

Net Total
£167,532,500 (over 10 years)

source
Home

All the above does not include undisclosed transfers.

check this table out for the last 5 seasons which shows even further the lack of investment moyes has had to play with

This Transfer League Table is a record of the amount of money spent in transfer fees by English Premier League Football Clubs over the last five seasons.

The table also shows new investment which club owners have made available to their club managers. The new investment can be seen season by season on the Club page from the Teams Transfer menu.

The "Purchased" column in this table shows the money spent on players in transfer fees by all the English Premier League for the last five seasons.

The "Sold" column shows the money received by the football club from the sale of players in the same period.

In the Nett" column the total of transfer fees received from the sale of Players is subtracted from the total money spent in transfer fees on purchasing players since 2003.
This Nett figure is the "new investment" made available each season to the manager to buy players.

The "per season" column is the "Nett" total divided by the 5 giving
an average of the money spent in transfer fees by each premiership club each season in the last five Seasons.

Transfer League Table Last Five Seasons | League Tables

Try being a sunderland fan mate , THEN you will have something to complain about :LOL: :LOL:

Watched the game and celebrations, something that I would not of been able to lol...had it not been for Sir Alex leaving.

What a Legend!!!

I actually smiled when he lifted the trophy, football has lost one of the greats.

His last interview before the dressing room really made me think this guy is unbelievable... he had to leave winning!!!!

That is what he said at 71, its really important to leave winning that is what this club is about!

Unfortunately lol, you guys do not have to listen to a manager talk about a champions league place be like winning a trophy (and that is a big ask this season lol)!

He has seen off every manager that stood up to him, in my opinion he is the greatest manager in club football bar none!

Mick

It was pretty emotional scenes and surely everyone except the most bitter of all Liverpool fans :D would find it hard to have not even smiled in respect. I for one had one or two tears in my eye I'll admit, I'm 28 this month so Fergie is the only manager I've known! Scholesy being one of my all time faves retiring has been sad aswell.

I was let down to hear Rooney has actually handed in a transfer request though, hopefully he'll change his mind (again)

Well what a day....what a week! All these retirements...Fergie, Young Scholesy....even Wazza wants to retire lol! Seriously, this is much more than the manager changing, theres a whole wind of change coming at OT. There'll be backroom staff out and Moyes's own guys in. CEO David Gill, who to me is a massive loss, though it does give Moyes a chance to bond with the new one takin over at an early stage.
I think we saw a lot more of Fergie the man today than Fergie the manager. This week it must have become obvious to anybody with an interest in the sport what he has done not just for MUFC but for football in general. The amount of peoples lives he has altered/shaped is incredible. Even the ones who have pissed him off have great things to say and u can tell that they regret biting that hand that used to pat them on the back. When he took over, utd were the preverbial sleeping giant-he has since turned them into the monster that they are now. I just hope that it can be taken on into a new era and that the ghost of christmas SAF doesn't become a millstone around the club. If the structure is sound I don't see why not.

Yeah it really is the end of an era this season, they'll be lots of new faces its exciting and scary at the same time due to the what ifs but hopefully the club will continue challenging on all fronts every year as city and Chelsea will be stronger next season no doubt!

I am still in shock. I have declared myself in mourning for the next 4 weeks and today's programme has done nothing to change that.
Wondered if SAF would become emotional during his send off but he was as unwavering as he has ever been. The fans and the players responded and sent him out from Old Trafford in the fashion he has moulded himself - winning.
Mick there aren't many but the most bitter of fans that aren't now paying tribute to him and what he has brought to our sport and your sentiments echo that of the whole sporting World.
Whatever happens from this point the Ferguson years can never be taken away from Manchester United and the solid foundations he has built will remain at the club for many years to come.

Back