Sir Alex Ferguson is going to retire at the end of the season

David Moyes will get the job. It's as much about controlling ego's as as much as picking a team something Moyes is a dab hand at.

I'd like to see a certain Jose come for a few years at least :) sorry Chelsea!

It just makes you think that , with Jose leaving Madrid and Fergie only a few months back saying he's going nowere he decided to retire rather than letting Jose go to Chelsea therefore leaving the door open for Jose to go to Utd.

got me thinking now betting wise , , looks a two horse race

The bookies rarely get it wrong :-
Next Man Utd Manager Betting Odds | Oddschecker

Whoever you get will never be as good as this Manager has been.His sheer determination has kept your team spirit up with his discipline and enthusiasm. I sincerely hope it's not going to be the start of your downfall guys.

Until he's out the door with his p45 or elevated upstairs on a 10 million a year contract to sit in a seat. I'll hold out. Feel sorry for whom ever takes over, as they'll always be compared. Thought he was going last year but to be beaten at the last minute by Manchester City on goal difference didn't seem the right time I take it.

id like Jose to take over and bring Ronoldo back with him, even though David Moyes is a good Manager, is he another Joe Royal , ok until comes to a big club with a massive rep ,

Wow
Has he gone upstairs ? Is he to remain at the club? Imagine the combination of him and Mourinho discussing tactics and potential transfer targets :)
Whatever happens his service to club has been utterly fantastic and Sir Alex Ferguson I salute you. The best manager Britain has ever produced.

even though David Moyes is a good Manager, is he another Joe Royal , ok until comes to a big club with a massive rep ,
How can you compare Moyes to joe royal when David Moyes has not even managed at a big club with massive rep (as you put it)?

FYI he has been at a big club with massive rep for over 10 years, the difference is, he has had no money to bring in the class players that is needed to buy..sorry win the premiership like manu, city and chealsea have

until he is given the chance to do such a thing and then fails i think your comment is misguided and also untrue

btw i think when he is given the chance he will succeed as he is the best home grown manager this country has ever had since SAF
i just wish someone with the cash would buy Everton and give Moyes the money so he could build a team to challenge for the title,

as what he has done on the budget he has had over the last 10 years has been truly remarkable given what the teams above and below us have had to spend.

Last edited:
on sky sports news david moyes is in pole position for the job

[video=youtube_share;oWw5iB-OcEQ]http://youtu.be/oWw5iB-OcEQ[/video]

FFS don't let Mourinho and Ronaldo through the gates! The weight of both those egos in Manchester and I fear GB may tip over into the Irish sea

i thought he had a few seasons yet. a real legend and i cant see anyone topping his legacy.it a shame the glacers aint retiring would off helped dull the pain a bit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Don't worry Everton fans , If Moyes goes to Utd Martinez is odds on FAV to get the Goodison job !. formation 2-7-1

I sincerely hope it's not going to be the start of your downfall guys.

Yes you do :p lol

After watching various tributes etc I feel quite emotional, it'll be weird to not have fergie at the helm! I'm excited for the future aswell now though :)

After watching various tributes etc I feel quite emotional, it'll be weird to not have fergie at the helm! I'm excited for the future aswell now though :)

I'll echo that m8. It feels wierd and quite sad that it's finally happening. I hope the players can put on an amazing performance on Sunday-the timing of the announcement is very coincidental with the last home game isn't it. Bet City and Chelsea are dancing in the streets and why wouldn't they? One guy who'll be shedding a tear tonight is Arsene Wenger cos for all their battles and wars, they hold a massive amount of respect for each other.
Future-Jose and Ronnie? As said massive egos and ok for instant success. I do like Moyes and think he is the type to be moulded but is he a winner? Maybe we'll see. Fergie see a younger self in him and you can see why. He can start by bringing Fellaini and Baines with him!!!

He will be upstairs watching them still jamesy, as a Director, don't panic mate he wont give up that easy. Alex Ferguson retires: David Cameron pays tribute to the Manchester United manager. What a knob Cameron is.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...tribute-to-the-Manchester-United-manager.html

Last edited:
Until he's out the door with his p45 or elevated upstairs on a 10 million a year contract to sit in a seat. I'll hold out. Feel sorry for whom ever takes over, as they'll always be compared. Thought he was going last year but to be beaten at the last minute by Manchester City on goal difference didn't seem the right time I take it.

It was the same years ago when I went regular, then it was who could ever better Sir Matt. Frank O'Farrell and Dave Sexton wer 2 great footballing minds and nice men but were not up to the challenge, Tommy "the Doc" Docherty and "Big Ron" Atkinson both had the charisma and I think both may have had a chance to succeed if given longer but both didn't keep to the Edward's mantra of don't get found out.
I remember Alex Ferguson arriving and he wasn't the most popular man around to begin with but he knew how to plan for the future and done just enough to satisfy the hunt for a trophy and had the youth policy running well and a good 2nd in command with Archie Knox who was popular with the fans.
The two front runners for his job are I am sure are both fabulous managers, although I think Jose Mourhinho would be the best choice short term in that he knows how to handle the big time and big names I just wonder if David Moyles would be a better replacement long term in that he knows how to handle the youth policy and certainly knows how to find a bargain, but can he handle the World Wide Brand side of Man Utd.
I think that is what Biffo1 was trying to say with his Joe Royle comment that has upset Fergalsworld, because yes David Moyles is a great manager at a big club but where as Everton matters to Everton fans and people in the Liverpool area he is going to step up onto a World Wide stage not just under British or even European scrutiny and analysis.
We should know who by the weekend and who ever it is, here's hoping them continued success !!!

Back