Sickening - Unclaimed Lotto Prizes!

01 Nov 2008
1342 Lotto £1,591,090 Jackpot Borough of Swale area 18,19,25,30,33,43
Bonus Ball 4 30 Apr 2009

Jesus, Pull the finger out man lol

more sickening if they know they won but lost the ticket lol !

What happens to all this unclaimed cash?

Does it get awarded to future jackpots?

Personally I hope it gets paid out to good causes.

What happens to all this unclaimed cash?

Does it get awarded to future jackpots?

Personally I hope it gets paid out to good causes.

this may go to towards the grants the lottery give out

i think you have a year to claim anyway

ill claim the lot but i cant provide the winning ticket, just a losing one, i have loads of them ones

I won a tenner on the 1st ever lottery and I thought to myself "this is piss easy, I'm gonna be rich" - yeah right :(

So what happens if you know that it was your numbers and you lost the ticket but you could prove with CCTV that you bought that winning ticket at whatever shop at the time ?

Surely they could see that you was the person on the camera and it was the same time in the same shop that the ticket was bought from ?

anyone know if you could claim ?

HAD TO EDIT THIS LMAO:
no i have not ever won, without wining lol.... just curious ;)

So what happens if you know that it was your numbers and you lost the ticket but you could prove with CCTV that you bought that winning ticket at whatever shop at the time ?

Surely they could see that you was the person on the camera and it was the same time in the same shop that the ticket was bought from ?

HAD TO EDIT THIS LMAO:

i dont think you will be allowed that then mate as most cctv in shops are jumpy as **** if you no what i mean.

the ticket is the proof and if you lose it then its your own fault, hence the reason i do it online, but i think they cheat if you do it online as i dont win much. lol

theres been cases already where the winner lost the ticket, all they had to do was supply them with the right details, where bought (not area i mean the shop) and approx time. no one but the winner would know where they bought it and at what time, theres already been cases of people claiming after they left there ticket in the clothes then washed them.

HAD TO EDIT THIS LMAO:

I'm sure the only way you can collect is by presenting a valid lottery ticket mate.

Video tapes can be edited etc.

Afaik you can claim a prize if you have lost your ticket but like has been said you need to provide specific details of purchase, there is also a shorter time to lodge your lost ticket claim.

this is from the lottery website

What if my draw-based game ticket has not been produced at all, or has been partly produced, by a checkout? Or it has been lost, stolen or destroyed?
For the above situations, you need to send a written notice to Prize Payout Department, The National Lottery, PO Box 287, Tolpits Lane, Watford, Herts WD18 9TT. The notice should contain as much information as possible including the game played, the relevant draw date, your chosen numbers and the date and place of purchase. If your ticket has not been produced at all, or has been partly produced, by a checkout, there is an optional National Lottery Fast Pay Claim Form which you can use to find out your number selections (if not known to you) and/or to claim a prize, if any. If you don't use the form, you should in any event send us your partially produced ticket (if applicable), your shopping receipt, your Draw Entry Advice and your National Lottery Fast Pay card serial number (located under the bar code on your card).

If your ticket has not been produced at all by a checkout, or has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you must make sure that your completed claim reaches Camelot by 5pm on the 30th day after the date of the relevant draw. If you have provided sufficient evidence to do so, Camelot will then inform you of your number selections (if applicable) and will investigate and consider the validity of your claim for a prize. If your ticket would have covered more than one draw for the same game, you are advised to submit your claim by 5pm on the 30th day after the first draw to which your ticket would have related. If your ticket has been partly produced you must make sure your completed claim reaches Camelot by 5pm on the 180th day after the date of the relevant draw. Camelot will then determine at its discretion whether you have a valid claim. If your ticket would have covered more than one draw for the same game, you are advised to submit your claim by 5pm on the 180th day after the first draw to which that ticket would have related.

Last edited:
Do you know if the unclaimed prize money goes back in the Jackpot fund or does it go to the good causes?

Do you know if the unclaimed prize money goes back in the Jackpot fund or does it go to the good causes?

Pretty sure it all goes back to the "Good Causes" fund. (Which then gets wasted on a pile of shite!) ;)

theres been cases already where the winner lost the ticket, all they had to do was supply them with the right details, where bought (not area i mean the shop) and approx time. no one but the winner would know where they bought it and at what time

Ok, here is the biggy:
01 Nov 2008 Lotto £1,591,090 Jackpot Borough of Swale area

So how many lottery outlets are there in the Borough of Swale area? If we all pick a random shop, a date up to a few days in advance and a rough time, we'll have more chance of getting the jackpot than if we had actually bought a ticket! :Devil:

My girlfriends aunt needed car parking change once and they wouldn't let her without buying something so she got a lucky dip and won £3.5million - that was about 6/7 years ago now, lucky cow.

I got 4 numbers once, was worth £105 needless to say the wife took that ticket. But the shop refused to give money, saying they didnt have any lottery cash. I complained then left. Never been to that shop and told everyone I know to boycott it. I should of written to the national lottery.
Another time I got 3 numbers but lost the damn ticket on the way to collect my tenner, lol.

Never won anything for a long long time. But in order to avoid losing tickets, I always buy online now.

I got 4 numbers once, was worth £105 needless to say the wife took that ticket. But the shop refused to give money, saying they didnt have any lottery cash. I complained then left. Never been to that shop and told everyone I know to boycott it. I should of written to the national lottery..

Not sure mate, but IIRC, it used to be the case that the outlets could only pay out upto £75. (Give or take discretion etc.)

I won £185 on the first New Year Special some years ago, but haven't won for years, and have given up buying the tickets now, the money stays in my pocket!

Back