Shuttle SN68PTG6 DELUXE

Matt-LivUniSkydivers

Inactive User
Reaction score
Bought a Shuttle SN68PTG6 deluxe barebones on ebay over the weekend, £28 and it looks brand new! These are going for £170ish on ebuyer :D

It was listed as having some kind of Bios error so I thought I'd take a punt, and when loading it comes up with a CMOS error but otherwise it seems to be working fine. My dads PC on the other hand is now lacking a few minor componenets, like a CPU & RAM :p

Vista is currently installing fine, so it looks like I've bagged myself a cheeky little HTPC :D

Are CMOS errors usually an easy fix, or could there be something more sinister lurking on my MB that I've yet to encounter? Or does the fact that Vista is installing mean I'm basically in the clear?!

that would depend on what the error is

No error messages for now, so can't provide sorry :) Also, how was this page cached by google so bloody fast?! Just tried search for SN68PTG6 cmos errors and this post is the first result!

Write down the BIOS settings. Chuck in a new CMOS battery. If there is a newer BIOS flash it on, otherwise just reset the CMOS.

After that you're probably looking at new EPROM chips or complete motherboard (not sure if shuttle cases take anything but shuttle mobos).

Cheers Pob. I've downloaded the latest Bios so I may have a go at flashing it. I swapped the CMOS battery with that in my dads PC so it should be kosher now.
cr2032.gif

I blogged about this PC so thought I'd stick a link to it here: Frugal Fathers 2010 HTPC build

Last edited:
Back