iPhone Should I upgrade the FW & Baseband ????

toonmadlad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a 3g version Iphone unlocked and JB

The Firmware is 3.1.2 (7d11)
Baseband is 05.11.07

The problem I have is the phone has a full Orange signal when not in 3g mode but as soon as I turn on the 3g the signal goes and the phone says "NO SIGNAL" when I then turn the 3g off the signal comes back full again.

Ive tried the other sugestions on the site already but still no luck :(

Would upgrading the firmware OR baseband help sort this out and what would be the best option for updating,

Thanks

Pete.

TBH mate, I dont think that upgrading the fw will make any difference. I am on orange and 3.1.2 and have no problems with signal on 3g or otherwise.

No idea what the problem is, its not the Orange sim card as I have tried my Vodafone sim and the same thing happens, full signal to nothing when 3g is selected. very strange?

I wonder if a complete restore on itunes is the best way to go, will the phone get updated to the latest FW and become locked if I do that?

Have you tried reseting your network settings?

or

Install BossPrefs from Cydia, and then turn everything off through BossPrefs and reboot device from BossPrefs (Reboot from BossPrefs very important) works. After device reboots, go to settings and turn airplane mode on then off.

No idea what the problem is, its not the Orange sim card as I have tried my Vodafone sim and the same thing happens, full signal to nothing when 3g is selected. very strange?

I wonder if a complete restore on itunes is the best way to go, will the phone get updated to the latest FW and become locked if I do that?

If you do a restore in itunes, then yes it will update you to the latest fw. Firstly do a reset of all settings on the phone. If that fails, then goto an apple store and speak to the tech guys. I doubt its your sim card or network, sounds more like a phone problem.

hi mate the iphone is unlocked you say , what network did it come on , do you need the phone to be unlocked? as updating to the latest fw and using Limera1n to jailbreak you will loose your unlock [ as of now there isnt an unlock for baseband 5.14.02 usuing ultrasn0w, if unlock was done offically im not sure ]
have you tried with other sim cards to see if the same thing happens, it might be the unlock causing the problem, is it done offically through orange or was untrasn0w used ?

if you dont rely on an unlock and not bothered you can update, or just do a restore manually on the same fw 1st before updating in itunes

you will need to download the official ipsw from here for your version of the iphone , plug your iphone in and open itunes up hit shift and restore at the same time it will open a browse box , browse to where you have just downloaded your ipsw and double click , any problems give me a shout . you might have to run tinyumbrella as you do it whch you can get from here hit the tap run tss ,

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys.

The phone is now working on 3g, the only thing I did was reset the carrier settings and turn the 3g on/off/on, I have done this before but still had the same probelms, strange how suddenly it's now working, I will see how long it lasts before I decide to do anything else.

Once again, thanks for the feed back and links.

Pete.

Back