Setup of dm600t

ailbek

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
I have just purchased a dreambox 600t and am in the process of trying to get it going. I am not quiet sure about which software I need to download on to it. I have a null cable which I have connected to my computer. I have dounloaded dreamup and established communication between box and pc. I have also connected it to a router and established comms using dreambox edit on the pc.
After this I just cannot figure out from reading threads in the forum exactly what to do next.
Also what is the best was of connecting the box to the mmds aerial, will I need a power supply in line with the aerial downlead to power the aerial head? If so what voltage will this need to be? Or what type can I use? Or can a group d or e uhf with masthead amplifier be used instead of a mmds aerial?
The latter question is just out of curiosity!
Can anyone help me get this sorted out or point me in the right direction. Any advice would be much appreciated. It is very frustrating to get this far and then hit a brick wall!
Regards
ailbek

You will need to 'network' the box so that you can FTP the irish terrestrial.xml to let you scan your correct frequncy,
shouldnt need any power supply when connecting arial, just connet the end that wasin you tv into the IN on dm600.

So to finialize, get the terrestrial.xml from download section and then ftp > /share/tuxbox/config
overwriting the current on,,, restart enigma and then scan options will include ireland,

then its a matter of instereting magic files and emus ( i would try the Cli image as i have a sneaky feeling that will do the trick for ya )

Thanks, that is very helpful. I will give it a tryandlet you know howI get on.
One other question, on the setup menue there is an option to turn 5 volts onor off,what is this 5 volts for?

Ok I have successfully downloaded the terrestrial. xml file and the appropiate is now showing.
However I am stuck on the image file. I can't seem to find a cli file in the download section. Can anyone direct me to where it is or os ther another one I can use?
Thanks

Thanks. How do I flash this file? I tried using dreamup and dreamup for 600pvr but this will only flash .nfi files and the cli file is a .rar
Cheers

A .rar file is an archive similar to a zip file. You'll need to extract it. If you're on windows use something like WinRar or 7z. You'll then have the nfi you're looking for.

I got the box set up and is working fine searching and finding the channels except after the search when I select a channel to view I do not get any picture. Where have I gone wrong?

Try this.

1. Switch the default cam to something other than evocamd.
2. Download the Evocamd keys
3. Set evocamd 2.14 as default cam.

Goto Sky Sports 1 and your channels should clear.

Donal,

I have also flashed this to my DBox and like ailbek I also have no picture, it was late last night when I finished up so I never got to try your instruction below. Can I download the evocamd keys through the plug in manager on the dbox (blue button) or will I have to load these through the computer, I did switch the default cam last night and started to download evocamd keys, I got the message Downloading Keys Please Wait, but this message was still up after about 10 mins. Is this normal?

Thanks for your help.

evocamd 2.14

Hi Guys

Have the same problem - CLi-dm600 works a treat but blank screens mostly.
Sorry for my Ignorance here but I think I am nearly there!

Donal - you said

1. Switch the default cam to something other than evocamd.
2. Download the Evocamd keys
3. Set evocamd 2.14 as default cam.

I am assuming I do this via FTP? Apologies but am new to this so these may be silly questions.
How do I switch the default cam? Can you give me a link to the evocamd keys - most seem to be part of other images.

Thanks a mill

Hi liamg
Use your ftp to download the the nfi files. Then press the blue button on your remote control from here set the cam to anything other than evocamd. then using the blue button on the remote control again download key evocamd key. then go back into cam menu again and set it at evocamd 2.14
regards
ailbek

thanks

cheers
for the replies lads
did that and am up and running!!!

I too had probelms clearing channels with CLi image. Was able to view a few channels but not many. Tried a few other images but nothing worked. Went back to CLi and switched CAMs and lo and behold it starting working. Weird, did not updarte keys or add any other cams and it had not worked the first time I loaded it.

Anyway, my problem now is that I am missing BBC1, 2, utv and C4. I have read the forums and it looks like I will have to do without - bummer.

My 600T came with the DVB-T module in another box and I had to fit it myself.

Have any of you experienced the same with a new 600t?

600t

hi, the 500t had this problem. but i have not heard of the 600t giving trouble with them. did you try scanning all the freqs?

Back