setting web site

P

pipehose

im conserding setting up my own web site who should i do this with and what do i need in sooftware to do this thanks pipehose:Chainsaw: :Clap:

website builder

Pipehouse try this site m8 its a good one gives you all the guides an tools once you register,

http://www.50megs.com

regards scoot

ps like the pic,

countryboys starting a trend,

lol

hi m8 it all depends what u want to put on the site on how much space u will need if it is only going to be an information site u can use the web space that ur isp has provided the software i used with d/a help was microsoft front page quite easy to use if i can use it anybody can m8

Hi,
sorry for jumping in, But can you tell me 2 what stage do you enter the description to the site, you know, the paragraph that comes up when you do a search. its most importent (i think) so someone tell me.:p :p

Originally posted by frugal
Hi,
sorry for jumping in, But can you tell me 2 what stage do you enter the description to the site, you know, the paragraph that comes up when you do a search. its most importent (i think) so someone tell me.:p :p

Someone give me info.

I have my web site on disc and was wondering at what stage you enter the description.:Dunce: I have also seen domain names for £ 2.75/year, is this correct:confused:

ta.

Why waste the money for a domain...for a name...there are plenty of free names on the net.
Get free webspace for putting your website in the net.
Then get an ftp-program for uploading trhe website and everythings is done.
I am using tripod and nexgo-webspace. And my domain-name is de.vu

Cheers !!!

I believe the matter regarding the search you require is to enter the following between the <HEAD> and </HEAD> Tags:

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="enter your keywords here for the search engines to find">

You can also add the following if wanted (nothing to do with search but this will appear at top of viewers browser window)

<META NAME="description" CONTENT="give a brief description of what your site is about">

Even add the following if required:

<META NAME="Author" CONTENT="enter your name here">

Note: all the " " are required in the above.

Hope the above is what you were looking for help with and hope it helps.

www.50megs.com

like d.a. says frugal try the free ones ie 50 megs .com

has all the tools to do the job for you,

an if i can use it anyone can,

regards scoot

It all depends what you what to use it for

We have a Disk space limit: 5000.000 MB which is 5 Gigs
And Traffic limit: 999999999999.000 MB

Which will keep this board going for what ever we need it for,
But its not cheap, so you will need to think what your going to put on it, as if your uploading and downloading all the time somethink like 50MB will not last long.

Regards Gazer.

Regarding search engines . . .

I'm no expert, but with the websites I administer I've learned that key words in the meta tags can be used by some search engines, but some don't use them. The t1tle of your home page is very important for search engines, as is the first text lines at the top of your web page.

So what I do is in the t1tle of my pages put in a description containing the important search terms, in the meta tags give a more full list of search terms, and in the first few lines of my home page put the words I want indexed too, but try not to be repet1tive with them.

Try searching for "london marathon 2003" on google to see how successful this recipe has been for me. :) Guess who I am :)

I'm sure that all search engines have their own algorythms for indexing web pages, and thankfully the recipe I give above seems very successful at least on Google.

Hope this helps,

GP.

Theres quite a few to choose from out there which are free.
Many have the tools to build pretty quickly but I prefer Front Page myself. Once you have your pages set up you can go here http://kickme.to and get yourself a free redirector and then call it whatever you want more or less. Here is one that you may wish to try for free web space. http://geocities.yahoo.com/home/
Any probs, give me a shout.

When replies come, Make the best of them.
Take guidance as is and grab it!!!

Thanks girl's and guy's,

HOW DO YOU inlist in a secure site servor for accepting cash on the Web?:Dunce: :Clap: :Clap:

Back