seting up a networked box only

dw1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi people:handball:

Heres what I have

PC with XPsp2 and with pvr250 ( I use this to watch cable tv at the mo )

dreambox 500S( brand spanking new )

100cm satelitte disk ( not fully setup yet )

20 meters of cable

I want to use networking for everything such as backing up the dreambox , installing new images, setting up CAMs

is this possibe and if so can you tell me how or point me to a useful link. I have found most of the software that I have read about from this site.

Thanks

hi m8

have a read of the stickies in the cable dreambox section:)
and the sticky above in this section
all the info is there:)

Last edited:
the latest image for the dreambox is gemini 4.1, im sure its posted here somewhere, if you cant find it then shout and ill upload it to the download section, the dreambox is best setup connected directly to a router, that way it can access the internet on its own and installing cams etc will be simple, and with a bit more setting up you can tell it to record to your computers hard drive like a pvr recorder

to get the most viewing choice youll want to motorise your dish, theres a full how to in one of the stickies at the top of the european sat section

Thanks for the replys

I did manage to find a link to the Gemini image which I found after reading a load of posts but when I tried to download it it told me that I didnt have permission to do so ( I thought maybe it because im a newbie member so I went looking for it else where and ended up at a really cool site BUT its all in german bummer

also I should have mentioned in the origanil post that the dreambox and the PC will NOT have internet access because im only going to use it for the satelitte stuff It means I dont have to worry about virus software and firewall and all those other peices of software that I do have on another PC that does access the internet and I plan to use a crossover cable to get the dreambox to talk to the PC. Does the dreambox come preconfigured with an IP address

OK I know why I cant download now opps!!!

# New members will not be able to post in the cable section or use the downloads until they have 20 posts and be a member for 2 days. Post clocking is not acceptable. It is monitored and post count will be reduced if necessary.

What is post clocking anyway!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
post clocking is where either posts just say a few words like 'nice one' or 'cheers' and thats it, but people go dotting them about everywhere, or when people post a few things all in the same thread one after the other when they could have used the post edit button instead ;)

the mod and admin team can spot a clocker, and they act accordingly to deal with it, but its mainly done by people wanting to access the cable download sections

Ok I finally got the networking sorted

Heres what I did

set up the networing info inside the dreambox by giving it an ip address

setup my PC with an ip address

bought a crossover cable for 5euros and put one end into the pc and the other end onto the dreambox

then I rebooted the dreambox

Finally I pinged the dreambox from the PC

Everything worked first time!!!!

and I have now today updated the image to Gemini 4.10 and that went ok

so the next step is to get a ccam file is this correct and what exacetly is this for

to keep things simple I am only trying to get the FTA channels.

also how can this be so

Viewing as a guest? Click here to register and start downloading

Im regestired and I cant download anything????

ohh

I getting the hang of this now!!!

If theres a link to a file in a post I can download it but if I go to the download section I cant download anything to I have 20 posts under my belt.

Last edited by a moderator:
when people post a few things all in the same thread one after the other when they could have used the post edit button instead ;)

the mod and admin team can spot a clocker, and they act accordingly to deal with it, but its mainly done by people wanting to access the cable download sections

I'm sure you'll get to 20 posts and get the file you need.
Maybe join in other threads ????????

Curly

Back