DM800SE versus DM800SE V2 advice needed on a replacement box.

kristiaanb

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I apologise if this has been asked before but I wasn't finding much to answer my questions.

At present i have a DM800SE Clone running an image from these very forums and its had a lovely life, however I am getting a lot of intermittent problems with the HDMI output and after stripping the box I can see that the solder traces are starting to come apart on the HDMI connector.

After some gentle re-flow work it lasted a few extra days before it started to play up again so I figured its time for a new one. (its just over 3 years old).

but people seem to be selling a V2 version of the box and I can't seem to get any solid info on the differences and if i can use my existing image with the new box or if i need a special V2 image?

any advice would be greatly appreciated on this topic as I don't mind spending the money but want to make sure i get it right and not end up with a nightmare to sort out.

thanks again everyone.

look at dreambox website a good start point

The V2 had 1 gig of ram 512 flash

This was a upgrade that followed the bloated standard 800 se images.

The v2 does require its own images it wont allow flashing of the standard se images.

Thank you Ferret ! that was spot on.

The V2 had 1 gig of ram 512 flash

This was a upgrade that followed the bloated standard 800 se images.

The v2 does require its own images it wont allow flashing of the standard se images.

Back