Setanta Sports on TopUp TV

chrome307

Inactive User
Reaction score
programme_feature15.jpg

(currently available in Scottish and Grampian regions only)

Go to channel 57 for details on how to buy the games you want to watch. If you can’t currently view channel 57 you may need to retune your Set Top Box to be able to receive the games - see your Set Top Box instruction manual.

Channel 57 will be available from Thursday night, 28th July 2005.

To book your seat for the whole season’s matches, you will need a Top Up TV Ready Set Top Box and a viewing card – available in most retailers NOW.

It’s quick and easy, pick the game you want to watch on the day it’s being shown, go to channel 57 and follow the on screen instructions.

Forthcoming live fixtures :

Date Game Programme starts Price
July 30th Motherwell v Celtic 11.30am £6
July 31st Rangers v Livingston 1pm £6
August 7th Hearts v Hibernian 1pm £6
August 14th Aberdeen v Rangers 1pm £6
August 20th Rangers v Celtic 11.30am £8
August 28th Dunfermline v Celtic 1pm £6

Source:

http://www.topuptv.com/setanta.htm

Credit to RebelrickB

chrome

They missed off
Then go to Digital World and follow the instructions there to access the channel

LOL

can it be done ?

It looks like it will the same system as XV/RH (or very similar) until October when it changes to SECA 2 encryption.

Seca 2 encryption, that's MediaGuard isn't it? Same as what Sky Digital use to encrypt their satellite broadcasts?

chrome :(

LOL....................must remember how to cut & paste!!

Sky uses VideoGuard. The other main Top UP channels use SECA2 encryption.

If this is a different pin system to the xtraview one, can someone post up the mheg files for us to try to decode how the system works?

edit due to this being public

It is possible it'd be diff. However I'd be surpised if they use a new system for the sake of 6 matches.

topuptv will be gone before its hacked lmao.. come to think of it their encription is worth more than the tv channels :| anyway i cant see this being on theire linup without a card.. so i doubt it'l be the same as xv/rh but then again i may be wrong :)

Setanta are doing six PPV before going onto TUTV encrypted system. It will only be matches from Setanta 1 (not 2 or rangers/celtic channels). Not sure if it will be timeslot or individual PPV matches. I suspect the latter as Setanta 1 costs £12.99 normally, and I don't think tutv could offer it at that price.

FYI

the six X/V style PPV are Scot/Gramp areas only - the full encrypted service is nationwide. They are also talking about "season tickets" so looks like it will be for matches rather that full Setanta 1

please members it pays to read stickys
we all get a little cheesed off with the same question asked over and over ,when its been answerd many times
especially when its a sticky ;)

Come october the 1st people will have to subscribe to topUtv then order each game .

Email reply from topUtv :

'Thank you for your email.

At the moment (until October2005) you can get SPL Live without subscribing to Top Up Tv, this will change though in October. We invite you to visit w w w.topuptv.com[/url] for a full breakdown on the channel.

Kind Regards

Top Up Tv.

Wonder how many will sub? Sure more would pay the one off for some matches without hassle of subbing to tutv

If its PPV on TUTV then it means using their own slots (can't expect to use ITV news any more!!)

Heard this will be using the ITVnews slot so they'll be loosing this while the footie is on. Yet another channel giving space to SlopUpTV

Sao Paulo said:
Heard this will be using the ITVnews slot so they'll be loosing this while the footie is on. Yet another channel giving space to SlopUpTV

it is under the pre-oct six match sampler, but don't think they can post Oct, surely?

Im not that interested in sports but always nice to have an extra channel :p

I just think they could make it a bit cheaper for xr/rh/ss I bet that would convince, some people, to access the channel legally.

But then again maye not :rolleyes:

Back