@ Senor Ding Dong. How did you get your technotrend working in Media Portal?

lol

now got both cards working simulatanously - in fact with some limitations seem to be able to record several channels and watch 1 all at same time

havent had time to evaluate this fully but main reason I went for hardcams was stability - 18 months ago mdapi did have some issues - and robustness - i use a mosc in them so anything a box can handle they can - this is not the case for a softcam

both solutions should AU otherwise it aint setup right

google is your friend

lol

now got both cards working simulatanously - in fact with some limitations seem to be able to record several channels and watch 1 all at same time

havent had time to evaluate this fully but main reason I went for hardcams was stability - 18 months ago mdapi did have some issues - and robustness - i use a mosc in them so anything a box can handle they can - this is not the case for a softcam

both solutions should AU otherwise it aint setup right

google is your friend
Right got that:

24.07.2008 v_keys.db

Thats the one I downloaded is it new enough? I will stick that in the directory.

As for enabling it in Media Portal is that not neccesary?

goes in the vplug directory - age doesnt really matter as long as it has the emm decrypt keys in for your provider

in tv server config your card shoudl be set to use 1 (or more) cams

still having the odd issue - checked the recordings and dont seem to be present - despite the fact that mp says it's recording them and vplug says it's decoding - probably just down to the fact I have been seriously mucking around with it - not really supposed to do this on a live system - ie you shoudl sort out how to get it workign then do a reinstall and only put in the bits you havee determined make it work lol

never done a multicard mdapi setup before as it officially didnt work last time I seriously played with softcams

goes in the vplug directory - age doesnt really matter as long as it has the emm decrypt keys in for your provider

in tv server config your card shoudl be set to use 1 (or more) cams

still having the odd issue - checked the recordings and dont seem to be present - despite the fact that mp says it's recording them and vplug says it's decoding - probably just down to the fact I have been seriously mucking around with it - not really supposed to do this on a live system - ie you shoudl sort out how to get it workign then do a reinstall and only put in the bits you havee determined make it work lol

never done a multicard mdapi setup before as it officially didnt work last time I seriously played with softcams
Right ok I will try that when I get home from work and let you know. I am going to be using a DVB-S card with the Technotrend to recieve HD freesat channels, so hopefully it shouldnt need any other configs because it's not going to need any sort of softcam emulation for the other one.

now seems to be working fine - for some reason the epg grabber was nicking a tuner and muckign things up - fixed by changing number of mdapi instances per card from 1 to 2

for the dvb-s card you will need to scan to find channels as they wont be the same as for dvb-c - never actually tried using 2 different forms of dvb card in the same system before - might try later seeing as I seem to be attempting to trash this system today lol

now seems to be working fine - for some reason the epg grabber was nicking a tuner and muckign things up - fixed by changing number of mdapi instances per card from 1 to 2

for the dvb-s card you will need to scan to find channels as they wont be the same as for dvb-c - never actually tried using 2 different forms of dvb card in the same system before - might try later seeing as I seem to be attempting to trash this system today lol
Lol, Let me know that would be cool.

What settings do you use to pick up the correct freesat sat?

glad your happy but what works lol - the dvb-s, the dvb-c, mdapi/vplug or everything lol

glad your happy but what works lol - the dvb-s, the dvb-c, mdapi/vplug or everything lol
lol- Every thing.

Have it working with Freesat and DVB-C but fu*k me I am going to spend like a week sorting out all these channels!

onc you have them the way you want then export them - that way if you need to reinstall in the future you dont have to do it again - subject to vm mucking around with their transponders of course

onc you have them the way you want then export them - that way if you need to reinstall in the future you dont have to do it again - subject to vm mucking around with their transponders of course
Cheers Wonko and Senor rep added to both.

Wonko do you back up your media portal? If so how?

no - I just back up the channel db - u do it in the main channel table in tv servr config - there is a button marked export - this generates a file which contains your channls and the way you have set them up - it's probably a good ida not to save it to the default location tho - if you wanted to save the mdpluggins dir that might also save you time in the eveent of a reinstall

no - I just back up the channel db - u do it in the main channel table in tv servr config - there is a button marked export - this generates a file which contains your channls and the way you have set them up - it's probably a good ida not to save it to the default location tho - if you wanted to save the mdpluggins dir that might also save you time in the eveent of a reinstall
How quick are you channel changes? Mine seem really slow is there anything I can do to improve them?

about the same speed as a tvdrive m8 - 1-2 secs - it's caused mainly by the fact that the video is buffered via the hd and then played back from there

Back