@ Senor Ding Dong. How did you get your technotrend working in Media Portal?

simeonipicker

Inactive User
Reaction score
I remember seeing that you had this card.

I'm sure I read somewhere that you had tried media portal did you get it all working?

Cheers

tt1501 works fine in MP - have u got fta working yet as no point in doing anything else till u do

I don't remember doing anything specific to get it working in MP. What kind of problems are you having?

As above, there isn not anything specific to get a TT card up and running in MP. What problems are you experiencing?

Sorry, I may of jumped the gun a bit. I just wanted to get a general idea of how to set it up. Twinhan was such a pain in the arse, I chucked it and bout a tt1501. I was just looking as to how to get it working in conjuction with another DVB-S card in mp

Finally need to resurrect this thread!

I have FTA working my other channels are not decrypting!

I have followed these instructions from another site

mediaportal/tvserever/vplug/ setup - Techwatch: Satellite TV forums, FTA, Cable, Hardware, & Tech forums

He has broken english so it's not too good to understand but basically I have

- Installed Media Portals latest release, with TV server included.
- Installed Vplug into the plugins folder
- Used a telewest transponder file from my area and scans 200 plus channels.
- Fta is working but it wont clear scrambled channels.

This instructions seem really outdated so if anyone could help!?

I hope people see this, didnt really want to start a new thread as I had remember asking about it before!!

When you have MP on an encrypted channel, you should get a Vplug icon on your taskbar. Right-click and select monitor.

only if you'vee installed mdapi which no one has mentioned

only if you'vee installed mdapi which no one has mentioned
I Have installed mdapi, I can't see the icon when on BBC HD so I assume I have enabled the plugin somehow?

How would I do that?

Edit:

Well I assume I have installed it, I have put the MDplugins folder and files from MP4MDAPI_Filter_onV0.2.3.0_TVE2.rar in the root Media portal directory.

I have installed Vplug into MDPlugins folder aswell

Edit again: I can't find ffdecsa.dll do I still need it?

Last edited:
I Have installed mdapi, I can't see the icon when on BBC HD so I assume I have enabled the plugin somehow?

How would I do that?
If you've installed it correctly, it should start up automatically, regardless of whether it's able to decrypt the channels at this stage or not.

Unfortunately I don't currently have an MP install to test, so I can't really be as much help as I'd like, but maybe Wonko can lend his expertise.

dont have accss to my softcam system atm but
1. mdapi needs to be registered - there is normally a batch file wih it to do this
2. that version sems old - ie it appars to be for mp.23 - it's unlikely to perform brillantly
3. vplug shoudl be installed into the mdplugns directory not the plugins directory

this appears to be a more current version - it is annoying tho

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I'd suggest you read the readme as it's a bit more complex than it used to be

edit - then again maybe not -seems to install and register itself ok

Last edited:
Great thanks, got that far now:

When I try to register it says missing dll file. So I assume it needs that ffdecsa.dll.

Can anyone help me on getting it? I have googled it but can't find it!

it has it m8 - look at it - it's already there

damned if I can get the vista tray icon to work tho lol

all seems to work - o nly got it set for 1 card atm but cant see any problem - it's picked up keys and reckons it's now handling the decryption - later - when I aint so lazy - I'll take the card out and see if it's right

edit - yep - now removed cams and it's allw working fine on both cards

Last edited:
The auto installer for mdapi does installed to the Media portal TV server folder is that correct? I have registered everything, I have installed Vplug to the MDplugins folder within the Media Portal TV server folder, Should I be doing something with the keys file?

Edit:

"The main Ecm value can be enter in MP configuration / Television /TV Channels for all DVB type cards
You can activate the MDAPI filter usage for the card you want by check the box in MP configuration / Television / Capture Cards (unchecked by default)"

I also can't find these settings in the media portal config?

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:
you need to download a v_keys.db file and place it in vplug dir

btw have both cards working but not simulatiously - eg cant watch 1 channeel and record another - thought they fixed that a year ago lol

you need to download a v_keys.db file and place it in vplug dir

btw have both cards working but not simulatiously - eg cant watch 1 channeel and record another - thought they fixed that a year ago lol
Lol, Do you prefer having having hardware CAms? Why is it better than softcams? By the way do these auto update when the keys roll? and do hardcams?

Where can I the V_keys.db file?

Big Thanks to Woko and Senor for all your help :) Will get there soon!

Back