Sensible Topic Second Job (TAX)

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

A friend of mine has been offered 2 jobs that start in January. As they are part time, she is hoping to juggle both together. one is 3 days a week and the other will have to work around that. The pay isn't great £7.50-£8.00 per hour for both.

Anyway, someone has informed/ misinformed? lol her that she would have to pay 60% tax. 20 on one and 40 on the other?? (which sounds a little harsh to me) Now this person recons that they got arrested for having 2 jobs and not paying the correct amount tax. Charged with fraud and had to pay 2 grand and do 250 hours community service.

Now being a big Columbo fan, i think that the girl has left out certain parts of the story? lol I mean, if it was an honest mistake, i doubt it would have resulted in a charge?

Anyway, if someone could shed some info on how much tax she's have to be paying, that would be manvelous.

Cheers,

Dar

Bollocks advice m8. You pay tax on your total income, normal rate, no matter how many jobs you have. You just need to keep the taxman informed.

Her indoors had three jobs at one time.

Last edited:
Either via the employers or HMRC you just get a second tax code for the second job. First employer usually deals with personal allowance, second employer usually only deals with extra stoppages.

Back