SD receivers

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Can someone help me with where you can get a standard def box from please. They seem to be like rocking horse poo.

maplins have shed loads .. from like £29.99 i know i work there :)

maplins have shed loads .. from like £29.99 i know i work there :)

I want a proper freesat receiver m8. What maplin sell are free to air receivers requiring scanning of channels every time new ones arrive.

There hasnt been any major stock with anyone for months now and a few weeks back even the last odd ones 'here and there' dried up. The lack of SD receivers really has been a nightmare, I've given up trying to get them. Its a shame because I was regularly installing and promoting freesat but HD is just too much for many people, and even the cheaper HD boxes are in short supply now too.
The idea of freesat is good, is just the usual crap management and bad organisation that has throttled it. They should rename the service to- frees... ~the frozen unfinished satellite service :(

I know most of maplins are free to air box, but we got some 'official' (well they have the free sat logo silkscreened on the front) boxes in last week. I cant find them on the website. Only had 2 instore and they sold.
Just trying to help here.

just read this

Alba Group’s next consignment of Freesat SD boxes (Grundig, Goodmans and Bush) have failed pre-release testing, therefore it is suggested that there will be no further availability of Freesat SD units until late June / early July.

Its killed off interest in freesat and lost several supporters imho. No entry level receivers for 6 months+ just isnt good enough. Development for iplayer integration is slower than producing next generation of families, so I no longer care if it fails and flops tbh.

As a big supporter of the freesat idea, after installing many dozens of systems, after recommending to many more, I now tell people to stay clear, its a failure. Even ITV cant be bothered with it and they 50% own it!

I just wish Technomate would produce firmware for their receivers to use the freesat epg data.

I just wish Technomate would produce firmware for their receivers to use the freesat epg data.

for a while now, ive been fitting TM3150 (fairly new model, usb and a nice bit of memory) as freesat boxes, if you want the channel list ive made gimme a shout, has 8 favourite groups as well

Back