screen

Firemouth

Inactive User
Reaction score
i just brought a psp of my m8 and i dropped now the screen is broke (f**k) ive ordered a new 1 of ebay
just wondering if its easy to replace? and how do i know wot version is on it (when i get the new screen in) and how do u chip them or whatever it is u do to it for playin downloaded games etc?

i just brought a psp of my m8 and i dropped now the screen is broke (f**k) ive ordered a new 1 of ebay
just wondering if its easy to replace? and how do i know wot version is on it (when i get the new screen in) and how do u chip them or whatever it is u do to it for playin downloaded games etc?

replace screen h**p://www.llamma.com/PSP/PSPTearDown.htm

and to get the info of what version its on go into system and then system information

replace screen h**p://www.llamma.com/PSP/PSPTearDown.htm

and to get the info of what version its on go into system and then system information

thanx m8 what version do i need to play copied games etc and how do i do it ?
my new screen should be here tomoz
looks easy enough to do
thanks again

when u get your screen fitted,turn on psp and have a look in system information,if its 2.80 or under you can downgrade,anything from 2,81 to 3.03 u need an original copy of gta liberty city stories to downgrade it,anything over that cant be done yet

Last edited:
cheers doomedearl for pointing that out,my head isnt so clear on the weekend beer lol

when u get your screen fitted,turn on psp and have a look in system information,if its 2.80 or under you can downgrade,anything from 2,81 to 3.03 u need an original copy of gta liberty city stories to downgrade it,anything over that cant be done yet

well just got back from work as i was rained off and my screen still aint turned up (bast**d) been five days now best be here soon

still time yet mate.sometimes my postie doesnt turn up till 1

my screen finally came yesterday now ive fitted it , and its version 2.82 so i got hold of a copy of gta liberty city stories but how do i get it to downgrade? this is my first psp so i aint got a clue,
once its done i assume i just download games etc to memory card and thats it?
thanks

yes m8 it says version 2.82 so it wont let me do anything

yes m8 it says version 2.82 so it wont let me do anything

No what bro was asking, was if your GTA LCS has the version 2.0 update on it. Otherwise its useless, and you will need to fish around. If so, then follow the various tutorials around the place that will explain how to upgrade and then downgrade the psp.

No what bro was asking, was if your GTA LCS has the version 2.0 update on it. Otherwise its useless, and you will need to fish around. If so, then follow the various tutorials around the place that will explain how to upgrade and then downgrade the psp.

no m8 it had 2.61 on gta , so will that be any good ?
if not can u give me the link on how to do it?
thanks

that version of GTA wont work mate, it has to be the version with the 2.0 updater.

you need to update to official 3.03 fw to use this method too. so when you get the correct copy of GTA:lcs we can take it from there ;)

that version of GTA wont work mate, it has to be the version with the 2.0 updater.

you need to update to official 3.03 fw to use this method too. so when you get the correct copy of GTA:lcs we can take it from there ;)

so will it tell me on the box what version it will be on the game?
if so ill go out and buy 1 now

hava a look here mate

h**p://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?&pg=49&aid=58178&act=success

here is a better description

h**p://pspupdates.qj.net/cm/xml/image_list.php?aid=58178

at last Ive finally managed to get a copy of GTA (hard to get hold of)
if anyone can help me on how to downgrade it now, that will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Back