Sensible Topic Scottish Independence worth £500

I never said i was voting for independance, but i don't see why anyone should have to explain which way they will vote and why?

Well if you don't want to explain then you cant help that some in the rest of the UK might think this is nothing to do with independence at all when you are not even going to be independent in the end just another EU state, but rather you just don't want to be in a union with the rest of the UK but mainly England.....

so its ok to be a nationalist if the borders suit you..? :)

Without borders there would be no nationalists, just my nationalistic idea includes Scotland aswell and im glad there is a large portion of Scotland believes the same. Unfortunately now the voting age is lowered there will be alot of kids and lets face it they are kids who will be caught up in the nationalist agenda...

M8 don't get me wrong i am with you on this. I don't want to see Scotland go for the very same reasons as you, who wants to be the generation that oversaw the breakup of the UK? But as i see it now Scotland are gone, but they/you will not get independence through some cleaver working of facts of figures, Scotland will gain independence on a wave nationalistic bravado. The date set for the referendum, the dropping of the age of voting and the dribble that is spread by salmond and his rag tag band of nationalists. I can imagine the school curriculum all based on Scottish history, braveheart will be on TV the night before the referendum and all them impressionable/gullible youngsters will be voting for independence. Bye Bye Scotland

And you want to gain independence to join that very same union that don't listen to the people of Europe, Mr Juncker wants more integration and will demand the same from an independent Scotland, so much for independence ay?

Please don't forget who left us with that 1.5T debt, a Scottish majority led Liebour party. Just as you moan about the conservatives we have to put up with the Liebour party in power who never fail to make a complete ****ing mess of everything. Do you see us spitting our dummy out when they get in power and calling for Scotland to leave because we don't want Liebour in again.

People who want independence like your self, do hate the English and i HATE that alot of the youth in Scotland have been brain washed with bullshit about the English coming from the nationalists like yourself. A prime example is question time, there was one on about 6 months ago from Scotland and it had George Galloway in the audience. I cant stand the twat but fair play to him on this one. There was a young lad in the audience and they were taking about independence and this lad come out and said isnt it true that all Scots get beat up and abused by the English when they travel to England!!!!!!!

Like in say cant stand the twat but he put this kid straight being Scottish himself, the point is that's the attitude in Scotland atm and that's how independence will be won.

Im not even going to waste a lot of time responding to this. Its idiotic minded people like you who bring this debate down. Where have i once mentioned i hate the English. My grans English for **** sake.

Anyways jog on.

If anyone would like to have a senceiable conversation with turning it into mindless drivel like above please let me know.

p.s. Pritty sure a lot of the industries that got shut down where minors in the north of england you fud.
@buzzer, Apologies for my attatude on this post, but you can only be abusive once without really meaning it, several times on his post he made pathetic generalizations about my self and I've taken offence

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not even going to waste a lot of time responding to this. Its idiotic minded people like you who bring this debate down. Where have i once mentioned i hate the English. My grans English for **** sake.

Anyways jog on.

If anyone would like to have a senceiable conversation with turning it into mindless drivel like above please let me know.

What is there to discuss with you? You wont be voting NO whatever is put before you!! You made it clear you don't want a tory government? Who do you think votes them in?

You say you and other nationalists don't hate the English but the way you talk in your posts is separatist language, you and us and you English. That is how independence will be won, nothing to do with with bullshit in between.

What is there to discuss with you? You wont be voting NO whatever is put before you!! You made it clear you don't want a tory government? Who do you think votes them in?

You say you and other nationalists don't hate the English but the way you talk in your posts is separatist language, you and us and you English. That is how independence will be won, nothing to do with with bullshit in between.

I don't talk about seprest language at all. Read all my posts, I've said several things about working together. Your Right, I dislike Westminster. I also hate the Tories. I hate how wasteful the uk government has become.

However, If someone was to come on here and show me where voting no would save something i cared about then i'd consider it. However no one has, and since this is a forum discussion is implied, however abusive language is not. :rant:

Also if you had bothered to have a look at yougov polls you'd see the majority of 16 to 18 year olds are largely against independence.....:new update::specsavers:

... a Scottish majority led Liebour party.

***me! He still can't spell it correctly! :Laugh:

I'm not in favour of Independence, but at least the existing Scottish Parliament has firm control of its own educational standards and budget.

Last edited:
***me! He still can't spell it correctly! :Laugh:

I'm not in favour of Independence, but at least the existing Scottish Parliament has firm control of its own educational standards and budget.

And its own NHS, Transport Scotland (Our Version of the Highways Agency). I'm sure theirs others listed in the Scottish Future white paper too.

Scotland has a lot of the infrastructure to run its own country already. We just need the political powers to do it now!

Joe.

As an Manchester expat living and working in Scotland for 34 years, it is my opinion that Scotland should take this opportunity to go for independence in September. What has the staying in the UK got to offer. First past the post elections where 70% of the population suffer a government that they did not vote for. Three main political parties who follow their own agendas and don't listen to what the electorate really want. They have fooked this country up since the WW2 due to incompetence and lack of professional expertise. Want some eye watering facts ? how about these statistics !
The current mid 2014 national debt is £1.38 Trillion (that is £1,380,000,000,000). That figure is being added to at the rate of around £5000 per second, which is around £400 million per day.
The government borrow this daily deficit on the international markets or issue bonds to meet their spending needs. This just the visible deficit between tax raised and government spending. When one factors in future funding of state and public sector pensions the national debt is nearer to £4.3 trillion, which is about £78,000 for every person in the UK. The UK economy is dominated by the London based banking sector and we know from past experience how fragile the rest of the economy becomes when the banks go tits-up. If the UK government were serious about keeping Scotland in the UK they would be starting HS2 in Glasgow, Newcastle and Leeds and not extending the London commuter belt to Birmingham. On current projections Glasgow may be connected to HS2 in the mid 2050s if the money doesn't run out before then. The Baltic and Balkan states have all succeeded in their quest for independence since the fall of the Berlin wall, but not without some pain and problems. If Scotland vote NO in September then that will be the last opportunity to get rid of the shackles of the Westminster muppets in my lifetime. Vote YES YES YES!

As an Manchester expat living and working in Scotland for 34 years, it is my opinion that Scotland should take this opportunity to go for independence in September. What has the staying in the UK got to offer. First past the post elections where 70% of the population suffer a government that they did not vote for. Three main political parties who follow their own agendas and don't listen to what the electorate really want. They have fooked this country up since the WW2 due to incompetence and lack of professional expertise. Want some eye watering facts ? how about these statistics !
The current mid 2014 national debt is £1.38 Trillion (that is £1,380,000,000,000). That figure is being added to at the rate of around £5000 per second, which is around £400 million per day.
The government borrow this daily deficit on the international markets or issue bonds to meet their spending needs. This just the visible deficit between tax raised and government spending. When one factors in future funding of state and public sector pensions the national debt is nearer to £4.3 trillion, which is about £78,000 for every person in the UK. The UK economy is dominated by the London based banking sector and we know from past experience how fragile the rest of the economy becomes when the banks go tits-up. If the UK government were serious about keeping Scotland in the UK they would be starting HS2 in Glasgow, Newcastle and Leeds and not extending the London commuter belt to Birmingham. On current projections Glasgow may be connected to HS2 in the mid 2050s if the money doesn't run out before then. The Baltic and Balkan states have all succeeded in their quest for independence since the fall of the Berlin wall, but not without some pain and problems. If Scotland vote NO in September then that will be the last opportunity to get rid of the shackles of the Westminster muppets in my lifetime. Vote YES YES YES!

I was talking to a Scottish person during a lock-in last night, it was an interesting debate. We are friends so it went well though :).

He likened Scottish independence to being like eurosceptics wanting out of the EU and as one of those myself I can understand that. I don't understand the wanting to join the EU bit though.

He's a bit of a Progressive though so there may be some rose-tinted, borderless, notions involved. A bit of a globalisationalist, I feel.

I don't think many industries can profit in the North East (Newcastle) here as any traditional stuff can be imported cheaper and that cannot really be changed due to labour and material costs. That's why we get Royal Navy ships built in South Korea.

Aha! There's the nub!

We can't compete in manufacturing @Him Her.

I work for a large company that is currently moving production abroad. I, and others here, get to supervise this new plant though and we should remain, for the time being... Current business is great, massive profit, good quality, customer acceptance, yet top brass reckon that a few years time production will be nonprofitable.

We can't compete in manufacturing @Him Her.

I work for a large company that is currently moving production abroad. I, and others here, get to supervise this new plant though and we should remain, for the time being... Current business is great, massive profit, good quality, customer acceptance, yet top brass reckon that a few years time production will be nonprofitable.

Short-sighted and dangerous move long-term. The end result will be the UK under the EU cosh. But, back to the original premise, this scenario won't help Scottish Independence will it? The smaller the EU partner the less influence.

Short-sighted and dangerous move long-term. The end result will be the UK under the EU cosh. But, back to the original premise, this scenario won't help Scottish Independence will it? The smaller the EU partner the less influence.

The new leader of EU (objected to by David Cameron) a Mr Juncker, was PM of one of the smallest EU members (Luxembourg population 600,000) so small seems to be beautiful and powerful in the EU. I would prefer Scotland to be out of the EU myself, and then we would get our fishing grounds and population back in Scotland's control.

That's the idea isn't it? Break things into manageable chunks and then suck them into the federation.

Cameron is already undoing the french bearer in his Savil Row pants for what looms.

The new leader of EU (objected to by David Cameron) a Mr Juncker, was PM of one of the smallest EU members (Luxembourg population 600,000) so small seems to be beautiful and powerful in the EU.

I hardly think that had anything to do with it. More likely Mr Jean-Claude Juncker will not rock the boat!

I meant the size of Luxembourg hardly drove the choice. Juncker is a federalist so won't rock the europhile boat. The story you refer to is one of many.

Junker won't allow Scotland into the EU for at least 3 years, and that should make a difference to the YES vote.

Juncker deals blow to Alex Salmond's EU claims - Telegraph

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I smell bullshit :)

Wings Over Scotland | What it would be like

10385477_681488851929125_8322336435996258214_n.jpg

You must mean, "the majority of brainwashed people", who believe everything the State propaganda machine tell them. :) :)

Back