Scotland has had enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfbum

Inactive User
Reaction score
SCOTLAND HAS HAD ENOUGH

SCOTLAND has has enough...and it just won't take it any more.

This wee country and its 5.2million people are sick to the back teeth of the anti Scottish bile which spews from many with Irish ancestry within its borders.

And from similar hatred directed at Scotland from those who hunkered down in dark wee bunkers in the Republic of Ireland.

There is a sea change in attitudes in Scottish society which unfortunately does not always manifest itself in a proper democratic manner.

But the sea change is there among the majority of the nation's population and will soon take the form of more acceptable action.

The tide is turning as Scots of all ranks and many faiths, and none at all, grow angry at seeing the country they were born and brought up in, or came to in order to better themselves, portrayed by Irish zealots and extremists as a dark nation, riven with racism.

One thing many people I have spoken to have been wondering is if this view of Scotland is the majority one in the Republic of Ireland, or merely an agenda pushed by a hard core of zealots as a way for them to make money?

My view tends towards the latter.

In fact, it appears the overwhelming majority of these bigoted anti Scottish radicals and rabble rousers are actually Scots.

It is hard to imagine it was citizens of the Republic of Ireland who complained about Royal Wedding Cake bakers, McVitie, flying the Union Flag in their Glasgow headquarters.

Or that the threats to the Royal Mail about hoisting the Union Flag at their Springburn sorting office also came from citizens of the Republic of Ireland.

The clear conclusion which must be drawn from this pattern of events is that it is being orcherstrated. And not just by some individual nutter.

It is surely more likely that one of the many organisations which exist, not so much to promote Irishness as to wage a propaganda war on Scotland, lurk behind this campaign.

And it is a campaign which is gaining ground in presenting an entirely false picture of Scotland thoughout the rest of the world.

In fact, according to many of the good Irish folk I know, these zealots are also painting an entirely false picture of the Republic of Ireland.

This is not about religion either. For, of the 800,000 Roman Catholics who, at the last count, live in Scotland, not all have a link with Ireland.

For instance, there have been a number of fine upstanding and hard working people from Poland who have moved to Scotland in recent years, and who enrich our country, who are Roman Catholics.

I am sure the way these pseudo Irish extremists paint Scotland bears no relation to the reality of the way these Polish people see the country which they contribute to.

These are good folk who, if I can change JFK's words slightly, do more for their new country than that country does for them.

Then there are the English who have migrated to the northern part of Great Britain in recent years.

The English in Scotland now number 500,000. In the main they have been welcomed this side of Hadrian's Wall and love it here.

Any isolated incident of anti Englishness has come, not from those marching under the Union Flag, but from extremists who seek to highjack the Saltire.

Scotland has changed in recent years. And not for the better. The nation has misplaced its fighting spirit and has stayed too silent for too long about a campaign from the enemy within to paint Auld Alba as racist.

If you want to try and put your finger on when this campaign started gaining ground, look back to when the IRA ended its bombing campaign on the British mainland.

These zealots, many of them IRA supporters, could hardly have tried to brand Scots as anti-Irish at a time when Irish Republican Army bombs were killing and maiming innocent women and chidren in England.

Now they see Scotland as a soft target and have launched a clever campiagn of black propaganda against Scots.

Of course, as I said, this is not a view held by the majority of right thinking Scots who have an Irish background, or even citizens of the Republic of Ireland who live and work here.

For instance, my old press pal, Kevin McKenna, wrote a wonderful piece in his excellent weekly Observer column which shot down in flames any thought of an anti-Irish plot in Scotland, and which attacked those with Irish backgrounds who refuse to be Scots.

Not surprsingly, Guardian media man, Roy Greenslade, who has a home in Donegal, saw his Donegal based Scottish co-hort, Philmacgiollabhain, rampaging on the pages of the Guardian in a wild-eyed effort to refute Mckenna's erudite piece.

If Greenslade was the man behind unleashing Philmacgiollabhain, then the former Daily Mirror editor, and senior Sun executive, failed.

McKenna came across as a thoughtful and educated Scot, proud of his Irish roots, now almost buried five generations back, but even more proud of, and even grateful to, Scotland.

Philmacgiollabhain's rantings did not even begin to compare in style, content, or rationale.

Joining McKenna in refusing to become what many refer to as a "Plastic Paddy" is a real Irishman, who is proud of his heritage, loves to drink in real and not kid-on Irish pubs, and whose views are often worth taking note of.

Tom English of Scotland on Sunday and the Scotsman in a Limerick lad with an enviable writing style and a quick grasp of the language of ridicule.

He was on top form when he appeared on Jim Traynor's Paper Talk chat show on the wireless this week.

English turned the full weight and might of his glorious gift for language on what goes on at Parkhead before and at half time in every game there.

According to this citizen of the Republic of Ireland it is..... PADDWACKERY!

What a wonderful word. It deserves to enter the lexicon.

English went on to talk about how he found the whole Parkhead theme park experience embarrassing as it sought to portray a kind of Ireland which does not exist, adding that he also saw it as a desperate want to be regarded as Irish.

A case, perhaps of people being so consumed by ideology that they grow to hate their own country, as Orwell put it.

Now patriotic Scots, with no particular all consuming idealogy beyond a love of their land and its rich history - including the Scottish Enlightenment - have had enough.

Middle Scotland, from the Borders, through the leafy suburbs of Morningside and into the New Town in the capital, to Beardsen and Newton Mearns, and beyond to the Highlands and Islands, has had these Scottish-born pseudo Irish zealots and their black propaganda campaign against Alba right up to here.

There is a sea change. And as the tide turns all true Scots of any religion, or none at all, will cheer to the rafters as another enemy of democracy, liberty and the Scottish way of life is put to the metaphorical sword.

----------------AND....

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

That much was clear as some not so smart alecs attempted to dispute the newspaper circulation and readership figures I have published regarding, among others, the Times of London, the Daily Telegraph, the Daily Mirror and the Daily Mail.

Therefore let me enlighten you. If, that is, you seek such enlightenment.

There are two different figures. The first are those freely available and independently audited by the Audited Bureau of Circulation, known as the ABCs.

The other figures I quoted relate to the readership figures. Not every paper sold is read by only one person.

The rule of thumb applied in the newspaper industry when selling advertising is to multiply the circulation by around three to give guide to readership.

It is a guide accepted by both those who sell advertising, and those who pay to advertise in the papers.

Therefore, the Daily Mail, with a circulation in England of TWO MILLION, has a readership in England of SIX MILLION.

I do hope that is clear enough. Though, I doubt it.

the same thats said above about irish / scottish could also be said about muslim / british, but anyone who dared to say that would instantly be branded a racist

the same thats said above about irish / scottish could also be said about muslim / british, but anyone who dared to say that would instantly be branded a racist

not if you read it right mate, there is lots of good Muslims in the UK they don't all want to bomb us.

not if you read it right mate, there is lots of good Muslims in the UK they don't all want to bomb us.

yes m8 i know its on y a minority of bell ends, but, in any 'group' of people, youll get the same thing, but some you can speak out about, and some you cant

i know where your coming from mate, its a sad day when the minority always seem to get there way.

I cant see this changing in scotland and will only get worse tbh. Places are being forced to take down union flags because of people being offended by it. Being offended by the countriesflag that you are living in is how bad it has got.

These people will be seen as the easy vote for political parties aswell who will lead them down the garden path.

I can see how this is compared to the extreme muslims in England where they are allowed to burn flags, poppies, have mass displays saying they will kill people who are not islamic and so on and all you get is a £50 and then someone threatens to burn a book(i understand it may be holy to some) and the person gets a jail sentence.

I am all for many cultures but not at the expense and our own.

I am all for many cultures but not at the expense and our own.

You made some very good points, I am sure there is allot more too.

But this post does not portray digitalworld and has nothing of value apart from arguments that no one can win!

Thread is closed, please use Scottish, English, Muslim based forums for these topics!

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back