Scooter/Moped cbt training???

Bigga

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Im thinking and have been been thinking off getting a scooter for a while now, after all the petrol price increases, just to get me too & from work.

I was looking at a gilera runner vx 125, which I would have to do a cbt for.
My question is to all those of you who have done it how hard was it???

should I spread it over two days or can it be done in a day are they quite strict on the tests?

:Cheers:

Bigga.

i used my own bike and it cost me 40 quid, but that was about 6 years ago. govt probably added alot of tax on since then

oh and i did it in a day, just remember not to put your foot down going through the slalom.

CBT's are usually done in a day and you cant really fail it, if they dont think you are up to it they get u back in for a another half day just to go over your weak spots and they should not charge you any extra.

So it absolutly nothing to worry about.

Does the CBT expire?

I did mine ages ago n seem to think it only lasted for 2 years if you don't go on to take your full test.

Seems like the gilera scooters are on the top of the list for being nicked too, might have to look at something else?

I don't think it really matters what model m8 the're magnets, mine went twice, local scroats, didn't get it back second time, chained n padlocked, lock cropped both times not cheapn's either!

im just about to do mine again soon my schooter been parked up for 2 years now petrol is sky high will do me for running about and is excellent in traffic and parking in town is free :) rang up other day cheapest i could find is 90 pounds and yes most of the test is commen sense just remember allways do your lifesaver look its saved mine a few times and allways be on the look out for car drivers made me think different while driving in the car be safe

I had my CBT booked and lost the photo part of my license.

The guy wouldn't let me do the test, £110 wasted, was gutted.

To add insult to injury the new photo part I ordered arrived later that morning!!

They wouldn't even offer me a small discount on booking again. I'm just waiting on the weather to improve a bit before booking again, not with the same company.

Back