Scart to YPbPr (component) adaptor

peacock70

Inactive User
Reaction score
I just thought I would share a project I just completed for the DM600. I noticed on the Gemini 3.50 image you can select YPbPr (analogue component). I looked around various sites for a pre-made cable but none were available.

I used this link for the scart pinouts h**p://acl.co.uk/pinouts.htm and followed the info on table one for the SCART 21 Pin Euroconnector. The only pins were concerned with are 1,3,4,5,7,9,11,13 and 15.

For the video coax cable I used an old UHF VCR cable. For the audio I used an old Phono to Phono interconnect cable.

Here are the parts I used from Maplins.

1 x FJ41 - SCART line Plug
2 x JK23 - Phono Skt Red
1 x L87AW - Phono Skt Blue
1 x L88AW - Phono Skt Green
1 x L85AW - Phono Skt White

Grand total £5.24

I first connected the dreambox via scart, then I selected YPbPr in the AV settings, everything went a green tint. I then plugged in my adapter and selected the component input on my 32WL66 Toshiba LCD. Immediately I was impressed with the sharper on screen graphics.

I then selected one of the higher resolution channels (704x576) and I was really impressed with the improvement in picture quality.

Hope some of you guys have a go yourself as I think on something like a 42" plasma it could make a real difference.

Do yourself a favour and continuity check all connections are correct to the diagram, also check for shorts otherwise you could have an expensive doorstop and a F**ked television. If you dont know what your doing leave well alone as I cannot be held responsible for any damage using the information from this post.

I dont know if this setting is available on the DM500 images as I have never owned one. All I can say is it works for me. Any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:
I have one of them, it cam with my xbox 360

I guess I didn't look hard enough. I suppose the only thing I have gained is my audio phonos are still free to link to an external amplifier as my audio is being fed via the scart. After a few days use I think the improvement over RGB is very noticeable on a larger screen and shows off how good the images are from this tiny little box.

Back