Scammed by Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeS

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sold a dreambox on ebay and as per usual i receive email from ebay saying blah blah congratulations and please post item to the shipping address below

well 2 weeks on buyer says the item was delivered to the wrong house and also the shipping address is different to what he has as listed on ebay - ie the shipping address on email was his parents address and his paypal address is different to this

paypal state that they will give refund to buyer cos shipping address is different to what is confirmed on their details

royal mail are investigating as buyer is insistent on the fact box was never delivered to original address and he is stating that local delivery office have confirmed wrong address but i am still waiting for official confirmation on that

i am on the phone with ebay & have been for 45 minutes waiting on them to confirm the email i received with his parents address is from ebay and not the buyer [fraud]

anyone experienced different shipping addresses before with ebay ?

so to clarify

1. has 2 different shipping addresses
2. royal mail delivered to different address to what is stated on parcel

well ebay just confirmed the invoice sent to me was for his parents address
and his paypal /original ebay address is different

I never had this problem before as I always ship to the address
that is verified on the payment received invoice I get from Paypal.
If he is genuine and the box has been delivered to an address other than his
parents, (possible) then that will be a claim against Royal Mail.
Perhaps he should update his delivery info on ebay to match Paypal to save confusion.
Did you send it recorded delivery?
Whats his feedback rating like?

If ebay address and paypal address is different, always post to the paypal verified address.
Always worth confirming with the buyer.

Forget speaking to ebay, speak to paypal directly (i know they are same company). go to paypal account, go to contact us, they give you a number and a verification code to quote when you ring them.
Surprisingly the people at the end of the line speak common sense.
I had an issue where a customer didnt receive an item, failed delivery and card left and advised to pick up from local postoffice but they refused. so they put in a claim and paypal froze my money. one ring to paypal just explaining the situation and they gave my money back. needless to say the buyer wasnt happy. in the end he refused to collect, which i could not do anything about. around 3 months later the item got returned to me so i dully refunded the guys money to his amazement. although i still didnt get an apology.

moral of the story, speak to the ones with common sense.

well i should of gone by the paypal address :(

lets hope royal mail fork out otherwise i lose a box

It is the responsibility of any eBay member to keep their address details up to date.
As far as compo is concerned through Royal Mail, it all depends on the method of delivery.
If the item was sent RM 1st class with a receipt of posting or certificate of posting and it failed to be delivered, after 15 working days, the RM will investigate. Should compensation be awarded you will be refunded your postage costs plus a maximum of 100 x 1st class stamps (£41).
The bit I don't understand is:

"royal mail are investigating as buyer is insistent on the fact box was never delivered to original address and he is stating that local delivery office have confirmed wrong address but i am still waiting for official confirmation on that"

How could RM confirm it to be wrong address?

I have had over 4000 sales on eBay and always used the address on the eBay invoice and only had 2 items lost in post (not because of wrong address) but as I had no proof of posting (low value items), received 6 x 1st class stamps as a good will gesture!

Best of luck!

well as i am a 'top' paypal customer i got through to the ireland department and they said they will side with me if buyer escalates claim
cos as far as they are concerned I as a seller has posted to the address listed on ebay invoice and send recorded delivery with signature

also postal office is local to his area meaning the wrong address he stated the box has been delivered to is far fetched as the post code for the wrong address is wrong side of stoke

Result then mate. Like I said, paypal are alright. Its the ebay side that are tw@ts.

Sounds a bit dodgy, what's his feedback like?

If it was 'signed for' then RM will have confirmation of the address the package was delivered to and the persons name.

ah368919259gb is royal mail tracking

just rung up ebay and told em to ring up paypal ireland and deal with them

i provided ebay with ebay invoice with delivery address & postal tracking to that address

they just closed down the claim

rofl

looks like paypal ireland have some influence :)

Good news!

A.P.B. out on DEGG......do not approach......may be armed with DM500 lol

Glad you're sorted!

Dear ****************
s.gif
Customer support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.
s.gif
We've decided not to issue the buyer with a refund. You don't need to do anything else for this case. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. This case is closed.

Decision:
This case has been decided in your favour. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.

Comments:
We received tracking information from you, around the time the buyer opened the case, that shows the item was delivered to the buyer's address. You don't need to do anything else. This case won't be counted when we evaluate seller performance. Note: It may take up to 24 hours to update your Seller Dashboard.

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Centre.

i also have 2 addresses one at home and one at work,it makes it easier to get stuff at the work addy than having to go collect at sorting house.:proud:

Ha Ha, well done.. guy is clearly trying to scam you..

Seems to be common now.. more and more sellers are getting justice for rip off buyers.

Dear ****************
s.gif
Customer support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.
s.gif
We've decided not to issue the buyer with a refund. You don't need to do anything else for this case. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. This case is closed.

Decision:
This case has been decided in your favour. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.

Comments:
We received tracking information from you, around the time the buyer opened the case, that shows the item was delivered to the buyer's address. You don't need to do anything else. This case won't be counted when we evaluate seller performance. Note: It may take up to 24 hours to update your Seller Dashboard.

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Centre.

Wow, the first Ebay related post where the right decision was made. :Clap:

Name & shame the buyer so we can all be sure to avoid him m8.

Doubt it's allowed within the data protection act and all that but hell yeah. Give his address so we can go knock some good human nature into him.

Ha Ha, well done.. guy is clearly trying to scam you..

Seems to be common now.. more and more sellers are getting justice for rip off buyers.

My feelings :)

What I dont like is having to post item before money is released by paypal, I know its to do with feedback count but I had the same thing someone said they didnt receive a a box I sent but they had signed for it !!!

What I dont like is having to post item before money is released by paypal, I know its to do with feedback count but I had the same thing someone said they didnt receive a a box I sent but they had signed for it !!!

Never ever release goods until payment is met!

Some people elect to pay via echeque where clearance into a paypal account is roughly 11 days.

I still don't release goods until the payment is cleared, but as a courtesy, email the buyer, thank them for their purchase which is funded via echeque & state - your payment should clear at so & so date. That way they can't complain.

After all it is down to the buyer which method of payment they choose. but always hang on to goods until dosh is in your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back