Scam as a client?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a few recievers around the house, the main host reciever runs newcs and mgcamd, with the 3 client recievers running just mgcamd and everything works fine

i want to use Scam on one of the client recievers so i can use the polsat AU feature. Ive installed Scam and the config files, and created a cw_shared file in var/scam but cannot access my share when restarted, caould somebody who knows please confirm the layout for this file for me please as i have just copied the lined from the config file in var/scam, but dont know if this is correct

thanks for looking

Does Newcs support Scam protocols? Or does Scam use a common protocol like newcamd or similar? Like I know Newcs can 'speak'- newcamd, cccam, radegast, evocamd, & camd3 protocols, but does scam use its own language like gbox for instance.
In any case the cfg file is 'cw_servers' found in- var/scam so thats where you add your server details (which you've done i think).

------brief look on google shows scam isnt newcamd so needs additional config files to convert it so maybe someone else will know more. 'newcamd_connect' seems to be the file needed and attached file may be useful.

Last edited:
Back