SB4200i Problems - TFTP Failed

c9679

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Can someone help me please? I have done a few modems now but I am really stuck on this one, I have used the bitfile method to update the firmware on a 4200i to the following

Software Version: SB4200-FIBERWARE-2.02
Hardware Version: 1
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0
VxWorks Version: 5.3

Was posted with a guide on the site "SB4200_Hackware_shelled_2.02.hex.bin"

The frequency should be correct but I cant get the modem working, on the status page I keep getting:-
Transfer Operational Parameters through TFTP - Failed

And in the logs the following errors
"TFTP, Failed configuration file download on attempt 8."
"DHCP Client unable to bind HFC interface"
"Error in initializing DHCP Client "

I have checked the frequency is right for TW and I have tried lots of different macs, including one from my own 10meg modem which I know works. I only need this to work at 4meg but I have tried all the macs I have even ones that are working on other modems.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I dont know if I have used the wrong flash file? All other items on the status page seem to pass.

looks like ur config file is might be wrong make sure ther is no dots or other characters in the file name box and nothing in the tftp server ip box also r receive and send lights goiing solid when u boot up the modem

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, I think I fixed it, this is really dumb I had 2 SB5100i modems connected with a splitter both working fine, I unplugged both and use the cable feed from one of them to get this 4200i working, no matter what I tried it wouldnt work, so as a last resort I unplugged the splitter, and tried it direct with the feed it worked first time :( wish I had tried that hours ago, lol

Not sure why it doesnt work with the splitter, as the other two are working fine and so did a 4100 I tried, weird

Thanks for your help :)

Back