SB4200e and serial flash - how long??!

zorab

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am having to reflash my 4200e after a bad flash over ethernet. I've got an rs232 hooked up to the modem and my laptop and am able to get it to talk to fireball (boot.exe) so it can download the config to the modem.

Terraterm reporets this:

CPU: BCM3345

FLASH: Toshiba TC58FVT160

Version: 5.3.1

BSP version: 1.1/0

Creation date:

Press any key to stop auto-boot...

[SB4200E Boot]: 2

Bootrom version: SB4200E-0.4.4.1-SCM04-NOSH

Booting over the network...

Attaching network interface enetBcm0...

enetBcmAttach: mac address 00:0e:5c:3c:f8:ef

done.

Attaching network interface lo0... done.

Loading... 2992584

Starting at 0x80010000...

Its been like this for about 15 minutes and the receive light on the modem is flashing. Does it normally take this long to reflash the modem? How long should I be waiting guys or is something wrong....??!

Cheers

woy does it say in boot exe m8
try 192.168.100.1

Just read another post that clarified the next step which is to browse to 192.168.100.1....doh!

Things seem to be going along fine now... just flashing it with fibercoax... hopefully it'll be fixed soon!

Try this mate.
You will have to put in the command in the tut to lead the boot exe to the vxworks.
Also if you or anyone else wouldn't mind can you finish off this tut.
Although i did the bit where you upload the permanent firmware(fiberware) via the hackpage i forgot how i exactly did it and wont be doing it any time soon and dont fancy doing it again.
Anyone is welcome to mess with my feeble attempt. I mainly do these to remind me what to do next time i have the chance. I know i'm gonna forget and it's handy if it's floating around on here just incase i cant find it on me pc?

This is exactly the tutorial I'm using - thanks for this fella!

I'll try to finish it off when I'm confident I know how to do this blindfold!!

:)

Success!

I managed to clone my own subbed modem. Am now cruisng along at 10meg instead of 1meg!

Thanks to all who provided the relevant info and special thanks to name750 whos faq helped me finish things off. Nice one chap :)

Back