Disc cover Saving covers on my computer

Barrowboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
In the past when I saved pictures on my computer, a box came up and the name of the picture eg.If I was saving a CD cover of Stereophonics, Stereophonics came next to the file name. However now when I try and save any picture it always says untitled next to the file name. It has only started doing this and I'm sure one of you nice people out there will tell me some easy way round it so I don't have to keep typing out the name of the picture I'm saving. :Cheers:

Have you tried this option...

right click on the cover then select save as.....

Hightlight the text of the song u are downloading on the webpage, copy, then paste in over untitled....viola....b a bit quicker 4 u, save you typing ;)

Regards

Thats what I am doing, its just annoying it always used to automatically name the picture and for some reason now it doesn't. Surely there must be a box to tick somewhere, and if not why not ;) ;)

I remember mine did that once, but it gets re-installed that often its went back to normal on its own..

Maybe if you have installed an update recently that has changed some settings, look thru the settings page of ie tools/internet options/advanced

Also check settings on xp popup stopper etc..security setting

It only lets me save images as bmp files, at one time I could drop the list down and save it as jpeg etc. I've tried a system restore as far back as it will let me and that didn't work. I cant remember uninstalling any programmes but having 2 kids owt could have been done.

Try a fresh install then......must be summat thats been changed or removed recently

The best option at the moment is to throw the bloody thing against the wall :Kickassro :)

and will somebody swat that annoying spider............lol

Dutcho said:
right click your aviator and select save as, what file name does it give you ?

I get avatar8195_1
I get
avatar8195_1 too. It is showing as a GIF file, the covers come as bmp files. Maybe its something to do with what type of file it is.

Back