Satellite receivers with a CI+ slot

White Monk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thinking of looking for a box capable of watching the German HD+ channels. For this you need a box with a CI+ slot for their CAM and card.

Did not find the TM site helpful here :( . They do not seem to state in their specs whether the boxes that have CI slots support CI+ CAMs.

Anyone know if ANY TM HD boxes (linux or standard) support CI+?

If not, any suggestions on other boxes less than 200 notes that could fit the bill? The Humax iCord seems a bit pricey :grayno:

Thanks for the pointers - looks like the two new TMs are in the frame - sadly, my 7102 isn't :grayno:

get a cheap dm500s clone and serve the hd+ card to your 7102.. you can pick them up for £40 or less second hand. regards mdt

500 a cracking box as server

as above mate grab one

The Technomate 5402HD is a CI+ receiver so would work a treat.

get a cheap dm500s clone and serve the hd+ card to your 7102.. you can pick them up for £40 or less second hand. regards mdt

Thanks for that, but I need to understand how to serve one box from another one first :grayno:

Well I'm getting pretty confused by all of this. On the front of the 5402 it's clearly marked CI+ as is on the cover of the manual.

It's been quoted over and over on the internet that the box does have this feature.. Although I've never actually verified this , it'll be pretty damn annoying to me if the manufacturer has been telling porkies and getting away with it!

Perhaps TM should get there house in order then

TM5402__22952_zoom.png

It clearly displays CI+

I also have one.
TM1500 had ci+ on some and that was before there was a ci+ lol
technomate.gif

Look at spec
1x Smart Card Reader & 1x Common Interface (CI) slot

Last edited:
I also have one.
TM1500 had ci+ on some and that was before there was a ci+ lol
technomate.gif

Look at spec
1x Smart Card Reader & 1x Common Interface (CI) slot

Takes me back, still got one of those and a DM600 gathering dust as I can't get dish up at new house :(

Hi

Just wanted to tell you that I´ve tried a Canal Digital card with its paired CAM in my 5402.
And it worked well on all channels even HD.

Can´t promise the same result on other subscribers, but on Conax it worked fine (even in the built in cardreader).

Hi

Just wanted to tell you that I´ve tried a Canal Digital card with its paired CAM in my 5402.
And it worked well on all channels even HD.

Can´t promise the same result on other subscribers, but on Conax it worked fine (even in the built in cardreader).

That's how it should be. If you've got a paid-for card and CAM, we should be able to watch their services on ANY RECEIVER OF OUR CHOICE : party :

Back