satellite meters

I have the horizon HDSTM does sat and terrestrial analogue and digital sd & hd
Quite expensive but it's paid for itself..

I have the horizon HDSTM does sat and terrestrial analogue and digital sd & hd
Quite expensive but it's paid for itself..
Funnily enough I looked at that meter, but ended up with two separate ones- the HD-S2 and the HD-TM. The TM very rarely gets used as we have a local repeater which can be picked up with a wet shoelace. The HD-S2 on the other hand take a hammering. It replaced my ageing (but still perfect) HDSM 2.5 purely because I needed the S2 tuner for 27.5°W.
Great battery on the S2, far better than the old NiMH efforts in the SM and the TM.

Funnily enough I looked at that meter, but ended up with two separate ones- the HD-S2 and the HD-TM. The TM very rarely gets used as we have a local repeater which can be picked up with a wet shoelace. The HD-S2 on the other hand take a hammering. It replaced my ageing (but still perfect) HDSM 2.5 purely because I needed the S2 tuner for 27.5°W.
Great battery on the S2, far better than the old NiMH efforts in the SM and the TM.

funny enough I have a 27.5 west install to do later today lol...

Question trevertron if I may, is there a difference in 27 west and 30 west, (stupid question lol) the guy I did the alignment for yesterday has a viewing card for " NOS " package and I don't know which satellite it's on, Disney channel was clearing but all other channels were showing a message in Portuguese with a telephone symbol to subscribe, or showing no sat signal, the chap I did it for has no practically no English and I don't speak porto but he said the guy he bought it from reckons they should be working, any suggestions.

@dantis speaks wisely. They're 2.5° apart, but a slightly warped dish may pick them both up with 1 LNB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back