satellite list

georgecabby

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi ,dont know why but I have lost all my satellite lists other than 28.2 east .Can anyone tell me where to find a list of satellites from east to west so I can install in my TM800 by usb or ftp. many thans George

thanks for your reply,I have reloaded the Vhannibal list but when I go and scan, the box only scans 28o east and no other satellites .Ive had tried all day now to include all sats but I am none the wiser. any help would be great

Transferring a channel list normally transfers the satellites.xml. You may need to manually delete the old one and then transfer another one back, the one within the bouquet will be fine. satellites.xml is located in /etc/tuxbox/

How did this error happen? What image are you on? Did anyone mess around with the tuner config?

A week ago or so I switched the box on and it was running like a pig ,pixallating and freezing and very bad reception. I checked all things and found in tuner config that my long and lat had gone back to default. Iput my long and lat back in usals and all was ok as I thought.I tried to watch some tv on 13o east and nothing, so re scanned in auto and thats when I found using only 28o east and cannot go to any other sat on auto scan hense my thread.

Hi I have checked the boxes file etc/tuxbox and there is a sat list showing but there is 2 other files as well but seem to be empty. My box is running on Digital worldz 28.11.11 I think .I after having the box get green screens several times and returning to technomate shop for them to reboot it ,I asked in the shop if I could reboot this myself and was given a slip of paper with a website to download files for the TM800 and when the box would not load the enigma 2 file sometime later booted the box with this file and it worked.

The file that matters is /etc/enigma2/satellites.xml and not the one in /etc/tuxbox.
I had the same situation after I flashed my box the last time round. The file in /etc/enigma2 was rather small, about 12K, as it only contained the astra2 definition. I renamed it (for safe keeping) and copied the much larger file from /etc/tuxbox. All was good after that.
Here's how they look like now:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

The old one is the one named satellites-astra.xml, 12K.

To answer my problem,I disconnected the aerial lead to the sat motor on the dish left it for 5 minutes and reconnected tally ho the satellites are back . A confused motor on the dish ?

Back