sata pci, someone confirm

pritesh

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi ive had my pci card for a while now and havent managed to get it to work with my hitachi drive. so can someone confirm if the via vt6421l works with hitachi drives.
thanks

as far as i know it does!!

thats the via chipset aint it

yeah it is, i know it says in the guide its fine but i just cant get it to find the drive.

i think u might have to edit mtkflash to recognise the drive.

i went round and round in circles with this for 2 weeks, trying for about 4 hours every day. i tried every suggestion that was out there. i was using a onboard nf4 chipset on my motherboard. which according to every thing read it was compatible. could i get it to work, no chance. gave up and paid to get it done.

the guy who done said he had tried 4 "compatible" computers before he found one that works. in my experience it was a pain in the ass to do the hack. but other people have had no problems.

i hope you dont have the same amount of problems i had. i have got grey hair now, that i didnt have before i attempted this hack.

thanks but with hitachi drives there is no need for mktflash

hi pritesh
i can confirm that the 6421 works with bothhitachi and samsung drives,
i upgraded the drivers for the pci card to the 530c drivers at via website,
for the t/s i used the modded via mtkflash.
for the hitachi ,you boot in windows using the command promt.
you must put the xbox360 in mode b ,(i used hot wire trick)
restart your p.c with the 360 connected and windows will recognize the drive

can you explain a bit more on the command prompt. what i am doing is connect it up to the pci card and putting it in to mode b by useing the xecuter kit. but when windows has booted up the drive isnt there. when i do ot on my mates pc (on board sata) it works straight away.

are you booting the p.c with the sata connected,if not retry with the sata connected.
also have you updated your drivers for the sata??

im pretty sure that i have the latest drivers but im not at home now so cant check. im booting with the sata cable connected. did you disable raid tool on start up?

if the raid tool is trying to start when you start the p.c,i think the dvd rom is not in mode b ,is your connectivity kit compatible? try doing crossed wire trick,or the slax live cd.
i tried for ages to to get my card working ,id update the drivers first to via 530c
or change to a diff pci slot

i disabled raid tool via ms config. i know that the connectivity kit works as ive used it a few times on another pc. when i do my next xp reinstall i might try again that way i know no other software in conflicting with the pci card and as ive only got a shuttle theres only one pci slot but i know the pci slot works as sometimes i have to connect my parallel card up.

thanks for the help though mate

i know you say you have the latest drivers ,but iff i was you i would deff install the 530c drivers.
ive done a lot off reading and they solved quite a few problems
good luck

I had the same problem, below was my original post with the solution - and if you need to flash any Samsungs, I have the hexedited mtkflash to work with this chipset ;)

Hallelujah!

The end of failure road has been reached!
I have successfully flashed my Hitachi v47 with the VIA VT6421L chipset on the infamous SYBA SY-VIA-150 PCI SATA /IDE Combo Controller Card, Non Raid from Newegg (remember that $15 pci sata card which everyone said worked but forgot to say it was meant for flashing Samsung drives) - Before I go along with my procedure I would like to thank jameswalter, and ikecomp for telling me it really was possible to flash Hitachis with this card and how they did it. Also, Hopeful and Gazcoigne had extremely helpful alternative information and recommendations - so thank you!

I can't guarantee this procedure will work for you, and this method is only recommended to those who screwed up and bought the promising card from Newegg to only find they waited 3 days for nothing! The following are my exact steps and please keep in mind I do understand that shortcuts are most likely possible:

Step 1
Install the card and boot up Windows XP. Once loaded, insert the driver CD that came with the card and navigate to our driver directory (first one in /VIA/) and run the setup. Once finished, reboot the PC.

Step 2
Click Start>Run and type in msconfig, click on the Startup tab, then find the VIA RAID Tool Utility - raid_tool.exe and uncheck it>click Ok and then click Exit without restart. Next, download the latest driver for the card, Available Here, unzip the package and run the setup. Once finished, reboot the PC, check the box to not see the msconfig notification utility anymore, verify the VIA RAID Tool has been disabled, and then shut the PC down.

Step 3
Make sure your 360 drive is setup to be thrown in modeb by the 2-wire trick (sorry SLAX cd doesn't work with this card) (2 wire trick tutorial - page 39) and make sure the SATA data cable on the drive is setup on the primary connection (the one furthest away from the back of the case). Now, with the 360 off boot up the PC and as soon as you see the Windows loading screen, wait for the green status bar to move half-way across the screen (it will do this many times but the first time is what we're concerned with) and turn on the 360 while holding the 2 wires/resistors together until the xbox green light flashes rapidly and release the 2 wires/resistors. If you did everything correctly, wait for XP to boot up and the drive should now be detected! If it isn't - don't be discouraged and simply try starting your 360 at different times in the Windows boot up process.

Congratulations!
You may now continue flashing your drive however you please, I personally have used the Xtreme 1.2r1 package with great results (thanks to GaryOPA) - I leave the rest to you seeing as everything else seems relatively straight-forward ;)

Best of luck to all with the VIA VT6421L chipset on PCI adapters - just remember all those who actually have found this helpful information out, I simply am reguritating it ;) This method has worked for me and may it work for you!

T-Snipez

Back