Samsung TV - SmartHub giving me grief

fitzybhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Been having issues accessing SmartHub over the last few weeks. Tries to load and starting sits spinning for ages. Press exit and try again. it then re-installs Smarthub which takes about 15 minutes. This happens every other day. Done a factory reset last week and everything was magic again, but it's now happening again. Can't be bothered with reset as it means changing settings again to get rid of soap opera effect.

If I report it, it's pretty certain that repair guys will come and do a factory reset, check it's working and that will be it.

Does anyone know what causes this so that I can suggest this when I phone to report it?

Not having any problems with my one but look at what they are saying here:

Samsung’s Smart TV platform Smart Hub down – suffers from worldwide internet outage

Samsung's Smart TV platform Smart Hub down - suffers from worldwide internet outage - Myce.com

Mind you, I did notice 3 or 4 updates all within a couple of weeks from each other.
Didn’t think nothing of it at the time but now, it does seem a little strange to have all those updates in such a short period.

Last edited:
There server was down the other week as said. My tv done the same last night updating the smart hub. Its not a tv problem its a Samsung server problem. It looks like they are upgrading things in the back ground. Hopefully settle in a day or 2 :)

Back