samsung tv fault - new capacitors needed

beezo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a samsung tv that refuses to switch on. I have opened it up and found a few bulging cap's. Looked on internet and i can by a repair kit that consists of the following capacitors

Description
1000UF 25V
1000UF 25V
2200UF 10V
1000UF 10V
1000UF 10V
1000UF 10V

they are rated at 105 degrees and are made by samwha, if thats any help

ive looked on rs-online and typled in 1000UF 10V and a load of different ones come up and Im unsure what i have to actually buy. can someone help me out please, i have not idea what to order but would like to order them today if poss, thanx

As long as the value, voltage rating, lead pitch and physical dimensions are the same they will be alright. You could use commercial temperature ones but the 105C might last a bit longer.

the ones you want will be radial ones, they normally come in 85'C and 105'C, the 105 ones will last longer

they are polarised as well, the circuit board will be marked, normally for the -ve leg, and the capacitor will be marked as well as having a shorter -ve leg

thanx for yer help guys, just one last thing. The replacement kit I can buy for this board from h**p://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/pdf_data/KT96.pdf consists of the following

Circuit Reference Description
CM808 220UF 25V
CM810 470UF 25V
CM804 1000UF 25V
CM806 1000UF 25V
CM809 1000UF 10V
CM812 1000UF 10V

but when, ive looked at the board and capacitors myself, they are rated as follows

Circuit Reference Description
CM808 47UF 50V
CM810 47UF 50V
CM804 1000UF 25V
CM806 1000UF 25V
CM809 1000UF 10V
CM812 1000UF 10V

S what do you guys thivk i should do?? buy the repair kit rated capacitors or stick with whats already on the board? cheer guys for yer help with this

I'd keep what's on the board, there might be more than one revision of the board.

I'd keep what's on the board, there might be more than one revision of the board.

i was thinking the same mate but Ive just stumbled on something elese too now lol

it seems i can get the same UF value, V level, height and diameter but there are a few that come up and all have different ripple currents. what do i do about these?? do i buy the highest/lowest one for each or can i find out this information from somewhere?

sory about all the question guys but this is a first for me

i was thinking the same mate but Ive just stumbled on something elese too now lol

it seems i can get the same UF value, V level, height and diameter but there are a few that come up and all have different ripple currents. what do i do about these?? do i buy the highest/lowest one for each or can i find out this information from somewhere?

sory about all the question guys but this is a first for me

Get ones that can withstand the highest ripple. You won't need super-expensive ones though!

thanx guys for all yer help!!

ive ordered the capacitors so will let u know if i get this tv to work or not lol

capacitors arrived today.

soldered them onto board and now everything is A ok

cheers guys

Hi guys,

I have a samsung tv that refuses to switch on.

Hi Beezo. What model of Sammy u got? I've read that the PSU on these are poor and am pleased u are now working, but just wanting to know for when mine goes belly up.....:(

A word of warning, If you keep trying to start these samsungs when they have slow start up problems then the eeprom on the main pcb will become corrupt, smd device, tricky to replace without smd soldering experience, and then you have to make some adjustements in the service mode.

Back