Samsung SMT-H3110 Linux Opensource Firmware Help

verg0

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys, today I was browsing through the menus of a Samsung V+ SMT-H3110 that i have been 'given' and noticed it's running Linux witch has Open Source Software under the GPL Licence :) ...

I was thinking ... Maybe we could mod these boxes for card sharing thus eliminating the need for a second fta box ie: DreamBox Etc.. also retaing the Cool HDMI and Record Features...

Right my question is, Does anyone have any constructive information with regards to jTag or Uart Points or has anyone tried a communicate to the box?

Ive noticed it has BusyBox and tftp so it should have a shell to access at least...

Ps: Anyone know more about the processor in this box?

---VERG0

Last edited:
Hi Guys, today I was browsing through the menus of a Samsung V+ SMT-H3110 that i have been 'given' and noticed it's running Linux witch has Open Source Software under the GPL Licence :) ...

I was thinking ... Maybe we could mod these boxes for card sharing thus eliminating the need for a second fta box ie: DreamBox Etc.. also retaing the Cool HDMI and Record Features...

Right my question is, Does anyone have any constructive information with regards to jTag or Uart Points or has anyone tried a communicate to the box?

Ive noticed it has BusyBox and tftp so it should have a shell to access at least...

Ps: Anyone know more about the processor in this box?

---VERG0

Pretty sure somebody already posted a link to the Samsung opensource software site where you can download all of the bits of this code that are covered by the GPL (as they are required to do under the terms of the licence).

I doubt there is any source for any proprietory code though, like the CAM etc

Processor is an STi710x which uses has multiple ST40/ST20 processing cores. You can confirm which family member it is by looking at the number on the big chip on the PCB.

It does have jtag, but this can be hardware locked. If its locked then you wont get very much more than the Chip Id. You'll also find it odd to use as the jtag can bypass to any of the proceesor cores. Standard Jtag programs will not be able to cope easily with this.

FTP, tftp access etc may be disabled in production firmware (which will have VM's middleware level inserted).

Serial port access may use - /dev/ttyS0, 115200, 8N1

Last edited:
Back