samsung 43" plasma not turning on

scott-ayling

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys my plasma switched off while I was watching TV and will no longer switch on. It has a clicking noise and standby light flashing. I thought it was like my last LCD TV the capacitors had blown. So opened TV and couldn't see any problem but ordered a PSU board off eBay but I replaced it and still same problem. Anyone know what else could be the problem ?

power supply/Ysustain board/Zsustain board

all common also when 1 board goes a good chance has took others with it

Cheers I'll have a look see if I can get these and report back

probably best getting a tech to check it

but if you do it yourself make sure all boards are compatible as they do revision upgrades etc

Check the capacitors on the psu board see if any are swollen

Just drop it am sure you have insurance that's what you pay for :)

Y sustain board and buffer boards along with power will need changing

Y sustain board and buffer boards along with power will need changing

That's a hell of a statement considering you haven't inspected it, It's likely the power supply is faulty, if not power supply it's likely one buffer and the y-sus are faulty, all repairable, although buffer can fail due to a short pixel in the display panel, certainly not power, two buffers and a y-sus, could be other things though, what's the model number ?

Last edited:
Hi.
Some of the Samsung Plasma range are noted in the trade for faulty screens. Your best bet is to take it to a local TV repair shop to inspect it before you start spending a lot of money on parts that might not cure it.

That's a hell of a statement considering you haven't inspected it, It's likely the power supply is faulty, if not power supply it's likely one buffer and the y-sus are faulty, all repairable, although buffer can fail due to a short pixel in the display panel, certainly not power, two buffers and a y-sus, could be other things though, what's the model number ?

I had exactly same thing with my plasma , if y sus is gone then its taken a buffer with it . All im saying is its best to change the lot as down the line the power will go or other buffer might blow then you have to shell out again . Talking from experience

That would be a complete waste of money, why not then replace the control board, Z-sus and so on, an engineer would determine what was faulty and what was not, certainly wouldn't replace boards that were ok, and what would you replace the power supply with, a new one would be very expensive and a used one would be in a similar condition to the one your replacing, I always repair all boards to component level where possible, including buffers and y-sus.

Just an update TV is now fixed after I replaced the x sus board

Back