Phone Unlocking Samsumg D600 help

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to change the message tone to one of my own choice or cant this be done

cheers

napster

i'm currently debranding and updating the flash on my 600e,supposedly the new flash allows this function,will report back when its done.

Make sure its a flash designed for the D600e version... as standard D600 flashes wont give reception...

It does take some time through a serial cable, wouldnt recommend flashing it through serial as the battery tends to die quickly when flashing, so check its not frozen also the cables we have used all tend to blow after a few attempts at flashing, had them from several suppliers, manage to unlock hundreds of phones with them but once we have flashed about 2 phones they stop working, we only use the flashing USB cables now...

P.S The Simfree D600 flash (not D600e) that I normally use which works without any problems does not allow you select another message alert tone other than those already preprogrammed... I cant remember this function being in the D600e version neither I believe the only way would be a modded flash but I could be wrong :)

Last edited:
im with you on this c9679 m8y ,,cant see that flash helping the matter but if it dose it would be good

There are a few moddified flashes available and some are really good with some nice patches but I dont know if any of them have this feature because its not really something I actually looked for :)

Your right the flash don't allow different message tones,fone flashed ok in the end,easier to use in standard format than the orange software version.

any hints on where to obtain these modified flashes for D600 ;) and can you use the standard USB cable suppled in the package. cheers

bill_and_ben said:
any hints on where to obtain these modified flashes for D600 ;) and can you use the standard USB cable suppled in the package. cheers

ur gonna need a flash cable from ebay,it has a 9v battery clip.can send you the flash stuff etc.

Napster said:
are they easy to flash or are they a pig to do

Open the flash program,load the files into the program,connect fone and battery,start program 90 mins later 1 unbranded fone.
Very similar to programming an atmega,got all the instructions etc.

Napster said:
are they easy to flash or are they a pig to do

Theyre a pig to do with the serial port flash cables with a 9v battery connector, as it takes ages through these and theyre not too reliable for flashing... Would recommend a D500-D600 USB flash cable, takes about 20 mins with these... These are not the same as the standard USB cable that comes with the phone... If anyone needs any of these I have them cheaper than ebay, I have them for £10 with £2 postage

Last edited:
If anyone wants any modified flash files then i can get some for the D600E and the D600. Im using one myself and they are great, some of the things u can do on it are:

- Multitask MP3 Player
- Removed background from date and time
- ScreenShot patch
- 8 MB java folder
- 2 MB for loading java
- 1,5 MB java heap size
- Main menu on OK button
- Left SoftKey bring on sms writing
- In video player left SoftKey switch to full screen
- 16 division of battery indicator
- remove DRM protection
- 55 second tone when talk (instead of 1 minute)
- SMS sended by OK are saved by default. To send without saving selest "Send" in menu.
- vibration & ringtone in same time (new option in sound setting)
- handsfree mode without confirmation
- little change of antenne symbol
- java multitask (you may pause java game send sms etc and return to game)
- Stop sms sound on key presure

primal said:
If anyone wants any modified flash files then i can get some for the D600E and the D600. Im using one myself and they are great, some of the things u can do on it are:

- Multitask MP3 Player
- Removed background from date and time
- ScreenShot patch
- 8 MB java folder
- 2 MB for loading java
- 1,5 MB java heap size
- Main menu on OK button
- Left SoftKey bring on sms writing
- In video player left SoftKey switch to full screen
- 16 division of battery indicator
- remove DRM protection
- 55 second tone when talk (instead of 1 minute)
- SMS sended by OK are saved by default. To send without saving selest "Send" in menu.
- vibration & ringtone in same time (new option in sound setting)
- handsfree mode without confirmation
- little change of antenne symbol
- java multitask (you may pause java game send sms etc and return to game)
- Stop sms sound on key presure

What version number is this flash?

Back