sagem in debug orginal software

stargazer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Okay i give up. Tried ifa etc and get nothing what i doing wrong ?  ÿdebug: DDF: Calibrating delay loop... debug: DDF: 66.76 BogoMIPS
debug: BMon V1.3 mID 03
debug: feID 00 enxID 03
debug: fpID 52 dsID http://Hallenberg.com
debug: HWrev 61 FPrev 0.23
debug: B/Ex/Fl(MB) 32/00/08
WATCHDOG reset enabled
dbox2:root> debug:
BOOTP/TFTP bootstrap loader (v0.3)
debug:
debug: Transmitting BOOTP request via broadcast
debug: Given up BOOTP/TFTP boot
boot net failed

Flash-FS bootstrap loader (v1.5)

Found Flash-FS superblock version 3.1
File /root/platform/sagem-dbox2/kernel/os not found: No such file or directory
boot flash /root/platform/sagem-dbox2/kernel/os failed

File /root/platform/mpc8xx-dbox2/kernel/os not found: No such file or directory
boot flash /root/platform/mpc8xx-dbox2/kernel/os failed

Found file /root/platform/kernel/os in Flash-FS
debug: Got Block #0008
debug: Got Block #0012
debug: Got Block #0016
debug: Got Block #0020
debug: Got Block #0024
debug: Got Block #0028
debug: Got Block #0032
debug: Got Block #0036
debug: Got Block #0040
debug: Got Block #0044

will verify ELF image, start= 0x800000, size= 1267512
verify sig: 0
Branching to 0x409b8

------ Systeminformations ------
Selected networkdevice: Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport (0)
IP-address of the networkdevice: 192.168.254.201
IP-address which the dbox gets: 192.168.254.202
Operatingsystem: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
------ Powered by http://www.dboxservice-hallenberg.de ------

debug: Transmitting BOOTP request via broadcast
debug: Given up BOOTP/TFTP boot
boot net failed

Looks to me like the BOOTP request is being blocked. Double-check to ensure that you have completely disabled all antivirus and firewall software - that INCLUDES the built-in Windows Firewall (you'll find it under control panel).

Make sure you have disabled ALL network adapters *apart* from the one you are using, and make sure that you have set a STATIC IP address (for example: 192.168.0.2) on your PC.

Make sure you are using the correct ethernet cable (its a crossover remember not a straight/patch cable), and that it is properly connected to both PC and DBOX.

If it doesnt work on the first try, i.e.. it gives you that "boot net failed" message, then just turn the box off and turn it back on again to restart the process.

You'll get there in the end.

liamcrayden said:
Looks to me like the BOOTP request is being blocked. Double-check to ensure that you have completely disabled all antivirus and firewall software - that INCLUDES the built-in Windows Firewall (you'll find it under control panel).

Make sure you have disabled ALL network adapters *apart* from the one you are using, and make sure that you have set a STATIC IP address (for example: 192.168.0.2) on your PC.

Make sure you are using the correct ethernet cable (its a crossover remember not a straight/patch cable), and that it is properly connected to both PC and DBOX.

If it doesnt work on the first try, i.e.. it gives you that "boot net failed" message, then just turn the box off and turn it back on again to restart the process.

You'll get there in the end.

same as everything liam said, also make sure u change ur pc NIC to 10mb half duplex. i spent 30min trying to work that one out.

ive written a guide on this forum its called 'i did a homer simpson' it takes u throu step by step on what i did wit IFA and problems encountered see if that helps.

heres the link, hope it helps. http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57459

Elite,

Well guys i've tryed everything and still get the same messages. I've even installed everything on another computer running windows ME. I can flash other boxs with nurtrino installed through both computers fine using flash fxp but not this box with the orignal premiere software on it. ps flash fxp can't connect to this box ever but then i'm not sure of the boxs ip address (menu in german).

The original premiere soft don't include a ftp server. You cannot ftp to the box with such a software on it.
Did you set your network card to 10base half duplex?

set in windows xp
802.1q/1p vlan tagging disable, flow control enable, jumbo frame disable,
link speed/duplex mode 10Mbps/Half Duplex, network address not present,
offload checksum tx/rx checksum and offload TCP_Largesend enable.

debug screen on lcd with one box then after a flicker of lcd light it gets to 2 and half boxs and boots into a message in german fehlercode ud4 and saying something about ok to continue...
dbox manger does the old icache commands etc but ifa still gives the above errors

might just sell it on e*ay !!!!

If you get boot net failed the bootp request don't reach IFA.
Something is wrong with your pc settings or with the network device of the box.

Just a few suggestions as to things you can do to make sure IFA works:

Disable Firewall
Disable Antivirus
Make sure you're using a Static IP
Try IFA in "Safe Mode with networking"
Disable all other Network Cards in PC
Turn off your Internet Connection
Check you are using Crossover cable not straight/patch cable

You WILL get there in the end, IFA is just fussy.
Keep trying.

Liam.

thanks but still no joy. ifa doesn't work in safe made ! wants me send error report to ms.
tryed just using dbox manager it to errors boot net failed. tryed a working (sportster) box it also failes to boot net but gives box details (processor etc). now im starting to get miffed so does this mean anything ?

RARP> Wenn die expected MAC mit C0:.... beginnt, ist das HÖCHSTWAHRSCHEINLICH ein 10/100MBit Problem! - Lest das Readme dazu!
RARP> Ignored, because requested MAC is 00:50:9C:3E:2D:10, expected MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 (DBox-IP: 192.168.254.223)
RARP> Wenn die expected MAC mit C0:.... beginnt, ist das HÖCHSTWAHRSCHEINLICH ein 10/100MBit Problem! - Lest das Readme dazu!
RARP> Ignored, because requested MAC is 00:50:9C:3E:2D:10, expected MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 (DBox-IP: 192.168.254.223)

and does the fact that it's dmon 1.3 not 1.1 or 1.2 mean anything ????

Use IFA in normal mode and choose the IFA option flashing with null modem.

A quick translation for you:
RARP expected a MAC address beginning with C0.... this is most like a 10/100Mbit Problem - see the readme file for help.

It's basically saying it thinks theres a problem with your network.

Use IFA in normal mode and choose the IFA option flashing with null modem. How do i do that it only gives 3 options / settings. image netcard null connection. All are setup otherwise i wouldn't get the text in the orignal post to this thread....

:Wave:

done it....

first thanks everyone for your help i would have given up without you.

now i know you want to no what was up so the answer is Norton antivirus..
After viewing other threads I noticed that someone had to turn off the email worm setting, I had just been right clicking toolbar icon next to the clock on rhs and selecting "disable auto-protect" this shuts down norton antivirus BUT leaves the worm blocker on. So switched it off in options and the rest is history..

Thanks again everyone

now whats the best sportster after 17_1x_uk04...

stargazer said:
:Wave:

done it....

first thanks everyone for your help i would have given up without you.

now i know you want to no what was up so the answer is Norton antivirus..
After viewing other threads I noticed that someone had to turn off the email worm setting, I had just been right clicking toolbar icon next to the clock on rhs and selecting "disable auto-protect" this shuts down norton antivirus BUT leaves the worm blocker on. So switched it off in options and the rest is history..
Thanks again everyone

now whats the best sportster after 17_1x_uk04...

Good to hear you got it sorted m8, now enjoy all the good things the dbox has to offer.

Try the new Ultra sportster image i have yet to try this it sounds promising. check it out, stemcell has just uploaded a 1x version of it.

: party :

Back